Belly Pudge

Options
Anyone have any advice on how to lose the belly pudge? It seems like I'm losing fat everywhere but my belly!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing fat. There is no spot reducing. For some people, it's the final frontier.
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above answer, there is no such thing as spot reduction. Just continue to lose fat and it will eventually come off there too. Everyone's body loses from different places first. I also lose from my belly last. I would advise some heavy lifting added in if you aren't already. Lifting helped me tremendously to lose my pouch last year. Unfortunately I have to lose it again after having a baby! Good luck! You can do it!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My thighs are the last place I lose. Just do the best you can. Genetics will determine the final outcome. There are no guarantees....this is why liposuction exists.
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    My stomach is the first place I gain and the last to go. I didn't start losing in my stomach until I got closer to my goal. Just keep on losing fat.
  • brighton_up
    brighton_up Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight pretty much, but i still have a 'pudgy' belly. My motto is to just keep consistent, work out and eventually good things will happen. Love your body for where it is now.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I would just be jumping on the band-wagon here with the rest of your replies -- keep on keeping on.

There's a good analogy in this thread by @usmcmp‌ ; loosely paraphrased she offers to think of the fat in your body like water in a sponge, drying a specific region of the sponge is not possible since the water (fat) will always redistribute; try drying only the corner of a damp sponge (or something like that). Her thread is a good read, if you're interested (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach) <-- same as the embedded link above