Cutting via IIFYM. Working well so far!

Options
Ssowell89
Ssowell89 Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

I recently decided to start tracking my macros using IIFYM. I always have struggled with dieting and ended up giving up real quick. I've been tracking now for a little over 3 months and have lost 22 lbs to date. I still have a long way to go (35 lbs.) but I'll get there. If anybody else wants to be friends please add me!

Replies

• Ssowell89
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Extra post (sorry, the forums are crap on the Android app)
  • danishkelly
    danishkelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Well done on the 22 lbs lost! I recently started IIFYM as well, and love it! :smiley:
  • amongstthewildflowers
    Options
    Hi!, congrats on the 22 lbs loss, that's amazing! I've just recently been learning more about IIFYM, I follow that loosely in combination with just eating clean and weight lifting, I've lost 80 lbs total so far!
  • justmerach
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I'm having a hard time finding consistent info on calculating my macros. What site did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
  • Saltfae
    Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Add me. Id kike to learn more about iifym
  • Ssowell89
    Options
    justmerach wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss! I'm having a hard time finding consistent info on calculating my macros. What site did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

Thank you! I used the IIFYM.com calculator. Supposedly you need to re-adjust for every 10lbs of weight loss, however, I have yet to need the readjust since I'm still dropping weight.
    Sun_child wrote: »
    Add me. Id kike to learn more about iifym

Request sent!

Thank you to the others!
  • mbel76
    mbel76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What iifym calculator did you use, and if you don't mind whats your bw and macros. I used iifym website and there's about a 500cal/day difference to my macros
  • justmerach
    Options
    Ok...Yeah I've checked that one out but it asks for your body fat % where others don't. Just wasn't sure why some do and some don't. Also my numbers were very different on 3 different calculators. Anyway, thanks again.
  • Ssowell89
    Options
    mbel76 wrote: »
    What iifym calculator did you use, and if you don't mind whats your bw and macros. I used iifym website and there's about a 500cal/day difference to my macros

I'm currently 218. Started 240. 2054 cals 255c/137p/53f.
    justmerach wrote: »
    Ok...Yeah I've checked that one out but it asks for your body fat % where others don't. Just wasn't sure why some do and some don't. Also my numbers were very different on 3 different calculators. Anyway, thanks again.

I just assumed my body fat %. I Google body fat percentage pics and I just put 30% on there. I really don't thing it has much to do with it really.