How do you get total nutrition for each day?

Options
Does anyone know how to use this app to get total nutrition for each day?.
Let's say you need more iron protein and calcium for one day.
can this app tell you which foods contain this combination so that you can eat it.

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You can choose up to 5 categories to track by going to your diary settings. So, let's say you use three of them for protein, fat and carbs, that leaves two others that you can use for whatever you like. For instance, I have mine set up to track calcium and fibre, because I'm often low on those two. Someone else might choose, say, sodium and iron, or saturated fat and vitamin C. Whatever you like.

On the mobile app, you can also go into the "nutrition" tab to get a full daily or weekly report for all the macros and micros that MFP tracks. On the desktop version, you can get this information in chart form under "reports".

If you notice that you're consistently low on something, don't panic; sometimes, the MFP database has incomplete info and not all entries have micro-nutrients filled in. The best thing to do is to ask your doctor when you get a blood test at your annual physical. If you're deficient in something, your doctor should tell you. If not, it's probably nothing to worry about.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just to use it as a reference point. You don't need to hit it exactly, unless you have a medical need. I just make sure I get enough protein and everything else is whatever.
  • smythepatricia90
    smythepatricia90 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks! For thee replies. Very helpful