what's with all the farting?¿?¿

Options
Just wondering if anyone else farts more when they start exercising. I used to box and was an mma fighter and darted a lot more during those times As well.

Replies

• gavacho661
    Options
    Farted not darted!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm a yoga tooter.
  • gavacho661
    Options
    Yep, I'm a yoga tooter.
    Lol that's hilarious... but does it have something to do with exercise?
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    I think it can, depending on the exercise and your diet. When I'm working on my core, it gets worse. Also, squats.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Are you taking whey protein? Switching from a whey concentrate to a whey isolate solved the problem for me.
  • gavacho661
    Options
    Are you taking whey protein? Switching from a whey concentrate to a whey isolate solved the problem for me.

No.....not taking anything. Ran a bunch of sprints earlier and just 30 minutes after I started farting a lot. But it's kind of a regular experience.
  • gavacho661
    Options
    I think it can, depending on the exercise and your diet. When I'm working on my core, it gets worse. Also, squats.

Yeah it's a strange phenomena......Just wanted to know I wasn't alone thanks for sharing.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The better half laughs so hard when I come home from yoga classes. I'm worse than he is for a few hours straight. Add in making sure I get my fiber and wheeee...I could power my own car.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My husband is horrified, but I just laugh so hard I cry.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Really? Exercise doesn't do this to me. Spinach and cabbage sure. I don't get squat or yoga farts lol
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This thread needs to get to the back pages quickly. My post obviously is not helping that happen
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Really? Exercise doesn't do this to me. Spinach and cabbage sure. I don't get squat or yoga farts lol

I think maybe I'm just a gassy girl.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. I work out first thing in the morning before I eat so it's not that and I'm not on any kind of supplements.

There are times during class when I have to sneak out to cut loose, or run slow when we are doing laps outside.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I think maybe I'm just a gassy girl.

A sassy gassy girl
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the "straining causes staining" theory.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This thread gave me a great laugh! I needed that!
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have to add, that, I just got done reading the "low crab diet" thread, and now after reading this thread .... I am dying AND crying. What a great way to end my evening ...thnx everybody !! AND if you haven't read the "low crab diet" thread ... I highly recommend it, if it's still up. You won't regret it.
  • arditarose
    Options
    toadg53 wrote: »
    I have to add, that, I just got done reading the "low crab diet" thread, and now after reading this thread .... I am dying AND crying. What a great way to end my evening ...thnx everybody !! AND if you haven't read the "low crab diet" thread ... I highly recommend it, if it's still up. You won't regret it.

Tis good
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone.