protein shake?

Options
What's the purpose for protein shake? What's the best protein powder for women?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Protein.

What are your goals?
    Do you NEED extra protein?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I sometimes struggle to hit my protein goals. Plus it (and fat) keeps me fuller for longer.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Because some days I really suck at getting enough protein. I use one I found that I like the taste of. It's a personal choice because what I like someone else might think tastes like total crap. :P
  • clairescott19801
    clairescott19801 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ive gt my protein hun its really nice comes in loadsa flavours check it out!!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Protein.

What are your goals?

That's the one. What are your goals and totals to start with.
    Unless you cannot chuck down real food down your throat then there is not need to supplement.... eat food - supplement in many (many) case are just an un-needed marketing stunt!

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    They can make for a really good quick breakfast, but you'd need to use a slower digesting protein like casein. Toss some of that in a blender with some milk (or water), and a scoop of peanut butter. BOOM! Two minute breakfast for people on the go.

Other than that, the answer has already been given here. They're only meant to supplement a diet if you are not getting enough protein through food.
  • wendyba626
    Options
    They can make for a really good quick breakfast, but you'd need to use a slower digesting protein like casein. Toss some of that in a blender with some milk (or water), and a scoop of peanut butter. BOOM! Two minute breakfast for people on the go.

Other than that, the answer has already been given here. They're only meant to supplement a diet if you are not getting enough protein through food.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. :)

• wendyba626
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    Protein.

What are your goals?

That's the one. What are your goals and totals to start with.
    Unless you cannot chuck down real food down your throat then there is not need to supplement.... eat food - supplement in many (many) case are just an un-needed marketing stunt!

I only trying to lose weight... what do you nean by totals?