sendentary or lightly active

Options
Wondering if i am sendentary or lightly active. I do not work right now but i am always movin and i workout everyday at least 1.5 to 2 hours a day. So should i switch to lightly active

Replies

• price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    2 hours a day seems like very active to me...
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Put it to sedentary and see how you go. Why risk being inaccurate about your calories? Add your workouts as exercise.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,124 Member
    Options
    Put it to sedentary and see how you go. Why risk being inaccurate about your calories? Add your workouts as exercise.

This ^^

If your job is active, where you're on your feet, walking, lifting, carrying, moving 8 hours a day ... then you might go with lightly active.

But in general, MFP over-estimates calories burned, so it appears to be more accurate if I under-estimate the amount of exercise I get.

• msfytt73
    msfytt73 Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't rely on MFP calorie burned bcuz it was always way over the top so i jus use my polar heart monitor to get a better idea.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Well if you are going to log the moving as exercise then no, leave it at sedentary
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I set sedentary. You then wont overestimate.
  • msfytt73
    msfytt73 Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @TheBigFb‌ i don't count the movin as exercise i jus wonderin if i am always movin around, i don't jus sit all day. But i do workout- lifting weights and cardio 6-7 days a week for 1.5-2 hrs. @999tigger‌ i think that does sound better, thats what i was doing stayin at my cal budget and not eatin back my cals burned. But the reason i asked is that i hear people say if you lift weights you should be eating more.... i dont kno
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm currently maintaining at 1,750 (Lightly active - what MFP recommends) and while I'm not a couch potato, I don't think I move around asmuch as you do. I think you should set it as Active and log in your exercise :-)