50 y/o with 180 lbs. to lose

Options
I've always struggled with weight issues. I've lost and gained hundreds of pounds. I have not been successful at the maintenance part and allowed myself to blossum to a new level of obesity. I've never tried a support group but would enjoy chatting with people who understand the difference between needing to losing 10 lbs and being faced with losing 100 +

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will find lots of support!
  • Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you r here. I just came back a month ago ... With more to lose this time than last. However this time I'm not leaving! I'm having some success & so will you. Keep positive and hang in there. We will succeed together.
  • LADragonfly
    LADragonfly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'm still learning the community ropes. Hopefully I will be a quick study and take full advantage of the accountability factor.
  • kcwwoa
    kcwwoa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you LADragonfly, only I'm 57 with 180 pounds to lose. I'm only about 1 week into using MFP faithfully and the scale is finally moving down instead of always UP. I am new to this forum also and hope to get inspired and motivated.
  • mikayakgirl
    Options
    I've always struggled with weight issues. I've lost and gained hundreds of pounds. I have not been successful at the maintenance part and allowed myself to blossum to a new level of obesity. I've never tried a support group but would enjoy chatting with people who understand the difference between needing to losing 10 lbs and being faced with losing 100 +

• mikayakgirl
    Options
    I can so relate. Falling into bed right now as I have to get up at 5 am but would love to be friends!
  • abailey51102
    abailey51102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you except for age. I have always been heavy myself. I started working out today. Best of luck and stay positive!!! We can all keep each other motivated. Add me if you would like. I'm not going to hide anything. I will tell my truths!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've lost 130 lbs and am working on the last 40 ish. It's not easy, and mistakes are expected. They key is don't give up entirely on the effort and you'll continue to make progress. Send me a FR if you like.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. Your story sound very much like mine. I have probably gained and lost 500 lbs in my adult lifetime. I have recently lost 131 with 119 to go. One of the big things I have changed is being transparent with my struggles. The first time I posted here I was very uncomfortable. It has really been a game changer for me. It's really hard to do this alone and in isolation from people who understand your plight. I have the most wonderful wife in the world who supports me 110% but she struggles with getting the last 10 lbs off. There just isn't any way she can understand what needed to lose 250 lbs is like. That's where this community and others come into play. You are not alone and there have been many folks who have completed this journey or weight loss. Sorry for such a long response but your story really resonated with me. Anyone can feel free to add me for additional support.