Does Tea count towards water consumption?

Options
swaymyway
swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
I am not great at consuming my recommended amount of daily water, though I have been trying very hard the last few weeks. I was just wondering though if tea possibly counts as well? I drink tea (decaf with a drizzle of semi skimmed milk) like it's going out of fashion so if it did count I would easily be getting my daily water needs and actually need to cut back on drinking extra glasses of water.

I am assuming it doesn't count - but wanted to make sure :)

Thanks.

Replies

• WildflowerAL
    WildflowerAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I vote yes--I drink a lot of tea (plain--no sugar, cream, etc).
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    Yes.
  • kevinoleary
    Options
    Yes, Tea counts and is actually better because your getting plenty of antioxidants.
  • Luv2Quilt47
    Options
    Well, I count my tea and my coffee as part of my water consumption but I certainly could be wrong!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    According to Weight Watchers ...anything with no caffiene in it can be counted as water...so definitely your tea counts...as does a lite beer and a glass of milk, diet caffiene free soda etc...its the caffiene that counteracts the water
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    i count it too.
  • Dangergunner
    Options
    Yes it does count as some of your water comsumption.
    HOWEVER, be careful as tea and coffee are also mild de-hydratants.
    I love tea also:)
  • Cariel52
    Cariel52 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think tea counts because I am EXACTLY like you! Hey water is water...and tea is FULL of antioxidants. I almost never drink water... I bet you and I are not walking around dehydrated.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Eh. Nothing is as good as pure water. Try to work more of it in your diet if you can. If not, tea is definitely better than drinking nothing. But water hydrates you better than anything.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water as water. Not saying you can't count tea as water, but you should still try to get in plain water.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I hate drinking plain water, so my fluid intake consists of tea which I drink about 4 mugs a day (with skimmed milk which I log), and sugar free quash (cals are negligible) made with soda water or normal water (no cals). And I log it all as my fluid intake. Alot of people will disagree, but I've lost 33.5 lbs since Jan, so can't be that bad !!

Wendy :bigsmile:
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I count my herbal teas towards my water. Coffee and caffinated tea I count as half since they are diuretics. So if I had 2 cups of caffinated tea, I would only count one. It's not a perfect equation, but I figure it works!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the responses all - wish I'd have thought about this sooner as I really do drink a lot of tea, I was probably drowning my poor body the last few weeks by adding in 8 glasses of water as well.

Now I can find a nice balance between my teas and just plain water so I am getting the right amount :)