no energy after these 12 hr shifts

Options
Need motivation! Help. ..

Replies

• Lowell_Zapata
    Lowell_Zapata Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi....I, too am working shifts...Nights 6-6. They dra-a-a-a-ag me down too. I only survive by getting away from my work area and walking briskly! If it's possible for you, try it!
    Lowell
  • stephspinoza
    Options
    Thanks, i also work 7 to 7.... its such a drag,but stick to my diet, wen i hav no energy to workout @Lowell_Zapata‌
  • matthewlembke
    matthewlembke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I get slammed with 12 hours shifts a few times a week sometimes
  • stephspinoza
    Options
    I do it 5 days out the week :\@matthewlembke‌
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts 7p-7a three nights a week. I'm a psych RN so the nurses station is completely closed off with a locked door, so when I have slow time......IF I have slow time, I'll do crunches, squats, calf lifts, ect lol other than that I just go to the gym on my day off. You dont have to go to the gym daily :)
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm an entrepreneur, so at certain times of year (now) I do 12-15 hour days, weeks straight at a time. A yoga teacher taught me this trick: Sit upright; breathe in through your mouth until you can't hold more air. Hold it for a count of 8. Let it out through your nose. Repeat 6-10 times. It brings oxygen to your brain and heart. Really works!
  • stephspinoza
    Options
    Thanks 4 the tips
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Join my motivation group, we are here to motivate eachother!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104407-get-and-give-motivation
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I work 10 hr shifts. I carry around a bottle of caffeine pills and around 30 min before the end of my shift I take one. It gives me enough pep to go to the gym and/or get a run in plus all my other morning duties.
  • matthewlembke
    matthewlembke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do it 5 days out the week :\@matthewlembke‌

Yea that's too much for me lol. During the busy season i sometimes am putting in 72 hour weeks, but this is my slow season and I am enjoy 45-50
  • Rebecca131517
    Options
    I'm with you guys - how exhausting is waking at 6 am, driving an hour to and from work (traffic permitting!) then not getting home until 7pm. Not fun, very draining. I just want to get back to how I felt in university! I was in the best shape of my life for 4 years. Now is the time! xxx
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement with B vitamins in it, and it really helps with my energy level, especially on days when I am working 10-12 hr shifts.
  • billbrown72
    billbrown72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    12 hour shift for last 13 years...2 days then 2 nights...lately I have been making sure to hit my 10000 step pedometer goal and force myself to gym everyday
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Then focus on your food intake. Make sure to stay on a deficit.
  • matttucker2015
    matttucker2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with y'all. These shifts are brutal. Green tea, honey, skinny vanilla lattes, and lots of protien are your best friends. You can do it! Add me for support.