I'm fat and I'm tired of it!

Options
Ok, so I've been on MyFitnessPal for a little over two months, and I've lost about 20 pounds... I figure it's time to introduce myself.

The way I see it, I've got about 100 more pounds to go (and believe it or not, I'll still be considered "overweight" by BMI standards after that).

So far, I've just been doing calorie and fat restriction, and a little bit of walking... But this morning, I took it to the next level, and signed up for a gym membership... And seriously, that's something I never thought I would say.

My legs are jelly. My arms are jelly. But dammit, I feel good... And maybe even a little proud of myself. :)

So friend me! This is going to be a long road, and I think I'm going to need a lot of encouragement. But the truth is, I'd like to be able to GIVE encouragement too! I have been so happily surprised at the sense of community I've found on here, and I want to be more a part of it!

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss so far, that's great! friend request sent ;)
  • widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    well done on the weight loss and for joining the gym. I love the gym - I just feel so much better when I've been :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You're doing great so far. Congratulations! :smile:
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. Way to go on your already lost weight! I will see if I can figure out how to friend you, lol!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far and good luck! Sent you a friend request :)
  • lanek3007
    lanek3007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was doing weight watchers and lost about 10 lbs in 3 months. Well long story short I have gained most of it back. I am very frustrted and decided to try this becasue I cant afford the cost of weight watchers or the dissapointment. I am totally disgusted witht he way that I look. I have what I call "loose meat" all over my bidy. I really dont have a lot of support and I am looking for it here. I really need some friends and motivation to help me along this hard journey. I will weigh in tomorrow and post. Please send me frined request as I really need the support. I hope I didnt depress anyone!!!
  • gungadin100
    Options
    Hi, Sounds like we are in a very similar boat. Started 13th March and lost 35 pounds so far (but another weigh -in tomorrow...!)
    I have a long way to go - but will not be giving up. I've lost a lot of weight before and it does feel fantastic to achieve.. my problem is that a do a bit of a "Luther Vandross" over the following 5 years it slowly slowly crept up and up again it seems without me noticing. Then all of sudden you look at yourself and and can't believe it.
    So this time I'm certain. It comes off and it stays off. If it starts to creep up again stop it before it needs a marathon like I have in front of me again!
    Keep it going mate - bit by bit you WILL get where you want to be.
    :smile:
  • themrs08
    themrs08 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm the same boat! I currently weigh 285. I want to get down to about 175, at most 150 and I'll still be considered obese or overweight. It's nuts!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the gym membership! I love my gym. I take zumba and spinning and then sometimes I'll just do my own thing.

And 20 lbs in 2 months is awesome! I'd kill for those numbers. Sent you a friend request.
  • Calorie_Ninja
    Calorie_Ninja Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! You'll love the gym! I don't know what I would do without my gym membership.