50-60lb weight loss?

Options
NewMeAB2015
NewMeAB2015 Posts: 24 Member
I need to lose 60lbs to reach my goal weight. Im afraid that i will have loose skin. What i want to know is who here has had the same goal and accomplished a good looking body?, i would love to see pictures :) and FYI im 5'2 183lbs. :/

Replies

• twichele
    twichele Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ya..I worry about that too.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    TBH, every persons body is different when it comes to loose skin. Your age, genetics, how long you've been at your CW and how fast you lose weight will effect the amount of loose skin you will have.

I personally know I'll end up with 'bingo wings' (the loose skin under the arms), and some above my belly button. Other's have lots on the belly but nowhere else, and some end up with it all over. Some also don't have any, the lucky ducks ;)

In the end though, I'd rather be at my GW with some loose skin then stay at the size I am now.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 6 and 42 and was overweight for 20 years...yo yoing from 165-205 at my heaviest...I lost 60lbs over 18months and no loose skin except from being pregnant...I know it was from being pregnant because it's where my pregnancy stretch marks are.

I hope this gives you some hope...
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are very young so you should be fine. I just went through menopause and it seems like my skin changed overnight. I have crepy hands and forearms.
  • NewMeAB2015
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the feedback
  • NewMeAB2015
    Options
    I used to weigh 120 and than gained weight to 185 and i been stuck there for 2 years
  • NewMeAB2015
    Options
    I keep adding a post reply but it keeps deleting half of what i type
  • HTECHS
    HTECHS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lose it slow and steady, and DON'T BE SCARED OF STRENGTH TRAINING!!!... and you shouldn't have to worry too much. There's always going to be something, but it shouldn't stop you from wanting to be healthier and in the best shape of your life :)
  • NewMeAB2015
    Options
    I have the ugliest and craziest big red stretch marks on my legs, arms, back, and stomach from every angle. Do any of yall know of anything that might make my stretch marks less noticeable?
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    aps11090 wrote: »
    Lose it slow and steady, and DON'T BE SCARED OF STRENGTH TRAINING!!!... and you shouldn't have to worry too much. There's always going to be something, but it shouldn't stop you from wanting to be healthier and in the best shape of your life :)

^^ This. You'll see it said many times on the forums, and it's a good truth to take note of.
    I have the ugliest and craziest big red stretch marks on my legs, arms, back, and stomach from every angle. Do any of yall know of anything that might make my stretch marks less noticeable?

Unfortunately, not much. My suggestion is a good paraben/petroleum-free moisturiser and time. As long as you're not gaining weight (or be like the guy on the train I saw yesterday who had vivid stretchmarks on his biceps from some uncanny/roid-fuelled strength training), they should fade to white eventually.

• pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have lost over 70lbs and have no loose skin. I had a few larger gains on my journey so it took about three years to lose it. I started at 23 years old and I'm now 26. I think age had a lot to do with it and losing slowly.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I am 5'10 with SW 234 CW 163 UGW 150-155
  • juliabereza
    juliabereza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do it slow, no more than 2 lbs/wk! And definitely STRENGTH TRAINING as you go along. Don't wait until you "lose some and then start". Start strength training from day 1.
  • acardone
    acardone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've lost just over 60lbs in 10 months and I have minor loose skin in my underarms HOWEVER, this is starting to tighten up the more chin ups and dips that I do. I agree with juliabereza, don't avoid strength training- it will not only help you lose weight when you combine it with regular cardio but it will build muscle that you can proud of heheheh!
    dont worry about IF you would have lose skin, enjoy getting healthy and look forward to those gorgeous outfits you never thought you'd wear!
    Here's a picture of my transformation- from 225.6lbs to 164.4lbs, hope it encourages you!
    s6ici71lx535.jpg
    foan3epm44xh.jpg
    pi8f1kkauq5t.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and have about 35 to go. It may be too soon to tell, but it looks I may only have a little loose skin. But I've lost slowly and done strength training, which helps.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    As said, everyone is different. I've heard good things about Bio-oil (available in the UK, don't know about any where else).

I'm over fifty and losing slowly, which in going is a good thing with regards to skin elasticity.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done Acardone! Looking good :-)
  • acardone
    acardone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Very well done Acardone! Looking good :-)

Thank you MrsMizart
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66 lbs so far, aiming for a couple more lbs and then I'm done. Here are my before and after pictures from when I was 58 lbs down:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10031306/from-frumpy-to-hottie-58-lbs-down/p1

To anyone looking at me, I don't have loose skin. I definitely don't have any sagging skin, pooch, anything like that. HOWEVER- I and I alone have noticed some tiny tiny surface-only (not deep) wrinkles when I move certain ways. For example, there's a teensy bit of looser skin on the insides of my elbows and backs of my knees. It's so subtle, I only notice because I live in this body 24/7. Also boobs... boobs have some loose skin issues =( but everyone knows those shrink away with weight loss.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    9rymcam8b656.jpg
    Sorry only for face progress,but basically I started 5'3 ;181lbs and now I'm 5'4 ;127 lbs. Now I am actually considered quite petite but only I seem to be unable to notice that. I should tone up my body,but it's nothing bad,no saggy skin or anything like that,someone might fear that. But overall it depends on your body type,so everyone can say different things.
    Strech marks are still there but it's not bad. They kinda fade a little while loosing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!