Well Versed in Dieting and Exercise...

Options
New to Myfitnesspal but have always been focused on diet and nutrition and have always enjoyed exercise especially anything outdoors. Love the technology that allows for tracking input and output, between my "UP" band which records sleep and movement and the integration with this app, it could not be easier!

And after 10 years of battling a thyroid condition which is now an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's Disease) and the addition of 80 lbs. as well as doctor's who don't seem to have a clue about the implications...believing that I simply need to eat less and exercise more I am at a crossroads where I know I am going to have to find a way to understand what is happening to my body and how I can get back in the drivers seat!

Replies

• ladyshills
    Options
    I also have Hashi's & Weight Watchers Worked for me back in 2010, but then they changed the program. I am back to MFP because calorie counting works. True with thyroid problems I don't lose the 2 pounds a week that I used to be able to do so easily.. this time my goal is 1 pound a week & I will be happy with 1/2 pound at this point. I have no energy whatsoever & work full time sitting at a desk. I am going to force myself to get on the treadmill daily.. with no set time.. I'll stop when I want to. Even burning 50 calories a day helps. My TSH levels are so bad right now that I've got to make more of an effort to get it under control. I wish Hashi's was as easy to fix as the doctors think it is!
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment with my doctor today to get my thyroid checked. I have many symptoms of hypothyrodism. Trying to see what I can do naturally as I don't like to take medications... but I was losing.. and then maintaining and then gained like 30# in 3 months... so at this point.... I will take medication - on top of everything I am insulin resistant so I have to have 120 grams of protein per day while trying to lose weight...but in 1200 calories... but I haven't had any energy. wanting to go to bed at like 7 pm.. then waking up exhausted. maybe just maybe.. I can get this figured out