Insanity Asylum Diet Plan HELP!

Options
Hi all, I'm doing the asylum, and to maximize my results, I downloaded MFP app... So here's whats bothering me: According to the Insanity Asylum Meal plan, I should be eating 1500 - 1800 calories. Does that mean, [example] if I burn 400 cals at an average per workout, do I need to consume those calories back? Making my total caloric intake 1900- 2200 calories? or do I just remain at the 1500 - 1800 calories mark, regardless how much I burn during a workout...
- Thanks!!

Replies

• nathobornio91
    nathobornio91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that yeah, you should eat them back. For me personally I don't eat them back because I'm trying to lose weight and don't see sense in eating them back.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    nabba91 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that yeah, you should eat them back. For me personally I don't eat them back because I'm trying to lose weight and don't see sense in eating them back.

You generally eat calories back seeing as you're already in a deficit, and your body needs the energy on days where activity is more strenuous.

OP, you should be eating at a set calorie intake and eating 1/2 or 2/3 of your exercise calories back.

For example, lets say you're consuming 1800 calories a day.
    1. You burn 400 calories; 1800-400 = 1400 calories consumed
    2. 1400 + 400 = 1800 calories
    3. 1800 + 400 = 2200 calories net (this doesnt take into account calories burned, just consumed).

It's sort of confusing, so here are the stickies if I confused you even more:
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Careful on what you use to calculate calories burned. If you are using MFP to calculate those, only eat about 50%-75% back. MFP way over estimate calorie burns. I personally don't eat calories back. My exercise routine is calculated into my daily intake. But even before I never really did. I've done both ways and haven't noticed a difference.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back those calories because I'm aiming for a deficit and weight loss, as nabba91 said.

FYI, IssackGMOON has mis-used the term net. In his example 2200 calories is the "gross" intake and 1800 is the "net" intake (2200 gross consumed minus 400 burned = 1800 net).
  • Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat my calories back but I do log calories burn based on my Polar Hrm.