Word of caution for Graze users...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I just decided for the first time in a year to actually weigh my snack... yeah, the 230 calorie flapjack (for 53g) is actually 67g, so 290 calories.

Yikes. Will be weighing everything from now on...

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All packaged food can be up to 20% different from what it says?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    All packaged food can be up to 20% different from what it says?

I'm just confirming that it's pretty much the case with Graze. So far all the snacks I've weighed were actually 30 to 60 extra calories than what the nutrition slip says.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh! I have a Graze box delivered every other week for over a year. I love the variety you get and the small portions are just enough. I will probably still go by what it scans in as only because I've been steadily loosing every week. But thanks for the heads up :smile:
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this with a lot of things and it goes both ways. Amy's black bean chili says it has two servings, but if you weigh it out, it's one and half almost every time.
  • Chefbaby
    Chefbaby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are the same way - one "medium" fuji apple - what does that really mean? The food's weight is the only real answer. It's also important to know the difference between what chefs refer to as AP and EP weights - "as purchased," and "edible portion," respectively. Measure and weigh only the portion of food you intend to consume after it's been cleaned, cut, and cooked. Look up the resulting dietary equivalents, and bam, you're already on a much more solid path to health.