Not seeing results

Options
I'm not quite sure what to do. I know there's things that I can cut out or change in my diet that would help, but I'm eating what 1200 calories MFP gave me, I'm working out 4 times a week...and I have ZERO progress.
People tell me to up my calories, so when I do that, I gain another 3lbs... then people tell me to eat at a deficit, so I do that, and I still GAIN 2-3lbs.
I AM FRUSTRATED.
Can someone please help me? I have 1 1/2 months until my vacation and my goal was to lose 10lbs.... I dont want to fail again. Even if I dont hit 10, I'd like to see SOME sort of progress!!!

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to measure all your food? If not you may be eating more than you think.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Are you using a food scale to measure all your food? If not you may be eating more than you think.

Yup. Most often when people come to the boards not making progress, inaccurately tracking their intake is the root cause of the problem. Another factor which plays a part in this is not selecting correct data base entries.

• exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Another factor which plays a part in this is not selecting correct data base entries.
    ^These
    I took a quick look at a few days of your diary. A couple of things that stand out immediately are generic food entries (like Chicken 3oz and Red Lentil Soup 1 serving). Unless you're using a food scale to ensure you're actually eating 3oz of chicken, you're most likely under estimating the amount of food you're eating.
    The point about the database entries is extremely important. Make sure to get the data base entries that allow you to accurately enter the amount of food you're consuming. e.g. Red Lentil Soup 1 serving. What's one serving? Is it 160g? How much of it did you actually have?
    I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I know that once I switched to weighing and measuring all (and I do mean all) my food, I started to fully understand how much I was actually consuming. The numbers started showing the difference too.

Good luck.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depending on your workout routine, you could be having water retention issues. When you start a new exercise regimen, your body will retain extra water to help repair the stressed muscle tissue. It can last up to a couple weeks. Make sure to drink plenty of water and hang in there :]
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuation. If you are recording your food properly and are eating at a caloric deficit you are losing body fat.

Scales are not a reliable source of progress. Photos and a tape measure are far more effective.
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The lentil soup is 1.5 cups and yes, I measured those out and I also created that recipe. The chicken I also weighed. So yes I weigh some things but not everything. I will try to weigh things more.

I have taken a photo and have measured myself, and still no results. I will keep on pushing.
  • kourjenn
    kourjenn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP! Things take time! If you haven't already try to eat at the same times each day - and bigger lunch (energy) then dinner so it'll give you the energy to go through the day! You'll do it! Keep your eyes on the prize and don't get discouraged!