No motivation

Options
Just can't stick to diet!! :(

Replies

• Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Make lifestyle changes that complement weight loss. Find your niche, set fitness goals, do something that makes you uncomfortable, look outside your box, slowly eliminate things from your diet you consider unhealthy, and be freaking awesome every day.
  • carrieannetrip
    carrieannetrip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's so difficult. .. my trainer has me doing carb cycling... seems to be a little easier.
  • 1nelle
    1nelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Make it a game trick your mind! Your mind is the one that is stoping you make friends with your body.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Make it a daily thing. you brush your teeth every day..you have to go grocery shopping or you don't eat.. you wake up and have to pee in the morning?...You wash your dishes whe they are dirty?..you do these things out of habit. Make it a habit. No motivation needed is what someone once told me..you just. DO.IT. because you know you have to. best of luck.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why are you not motivated?
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't like the whole lack of motivation thing. I am motivated, but sometimes I can't "just do it"... So I have been taking baby steps and you know what? It's making all the difference!! I am a whole new person. Accept the fact that it's not going to happen overnight. Even at .5 lbs of weight loss a week, that's 26 lbs in a year!! It might seem small now, but it sounds way better to me than gaining another ten!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have a motivation folder in my pinterest that I'll go through. I've circled swimsuits I like in magazine's to remind me summer/swimsuit season is coming up. I schedule the workout I'm planning on doing, and make it a mindset that I'm canceling on making myself better (mind and body) if I cancel. I also go through success stories on MFP to really show myself it CAN be done!

Those are things I do if I'm lacking motivation and feel like I just don't wanna do it! They usually help pick me back up.....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    wathjo1 wrote: »
    I don't like the whole lack of motivation thing. I am motivated, but sometimes I can't "just do it"... So I have been taking baby steps and you know what? It's making all the difference!! I am a whole new person. Accept the fact that it's not going to happen overnight. Even at .5 lbs of weight loss a week, that's 26 lbs in a year!! It might seem small now, but it sounds way better to me than gaining another ten!

bingo
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "just do it" theory. I suffer from depression and sometimes struggle to get out of my pajamas and off the couch. I know I have to so I just do. It isn't easy sometimes. But the results of not doing it are too awful to accept. So just take a step, then another. Some days will be better, some not so great, but keep moving forward.
  • 1nelle
    1nelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it for yourself! Not for someone to like of love you. You have to love yourself to get motivated.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Stop making it something "extra" you must "stick to" and start making it "just what you do".

What 'it' is should be something you can manage/stick to.

Its how I did it. If I perceived anything as an extra effort I inevitably ended up finding it to taxing/losing interest/losing enthusiasm.

This time round I changed my mindset to "this is what I have to just do" and it made the world of difference.

That and accepting its a long game.