Meal prep suggestions

Options
Hello,

Who has good tasting, high protein, low fat recipes for meal prep?

Don't know how long I'll be able to handle 5oz 97%lean ground turkey and 4 oz sweet potato for 2 of my 4 meals! g2c446jnfsis.jpg

Replies

• jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Agreed that looks boring.

These may not qualify because I don't eat low fat (it's recommended that you eat .35g fat per pound of lean body mass, so my goal is around 70 grams a day).

But, go to dinners:
    • Taco salad with grilled chicken, cheese, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms I prefer my veggies cooked), guacamole, and salsa instead of dressing.
    • Chicken sausage (I just have it in a hotdog bun) plus veggies
    • Venison stew
    • Italian stew (essentially a pasta sauce with a ton of veggies, goat cheese, and ground beef or venison supplemented with some spicy Italian sausage and no pasta)
    • buffalo chicken dip (I eat it with fresh veggies or not as a dip and mix veggies in)
    • pulled pork/chicken
    • grilled chicken with different seasonings

Also, I tend to cook up a ton of chicken in the crockpot, shred it, and then save it for adding to different things. I throw in different spices, but usually chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. I'll use that for salads, tacos, pulled chicken, whatever.
  • kitchensolo
    kitchensolo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I steam a lot of fish ... takes 5 minutes, literally. Pick up a decent steamer ... then once you've got that, it's just a matter of taking it out in the morning from the freezer to defrost, or soaking it in water for about 20 mins before steaming. Super-moist, good for you, and zero oil. ;-)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Where are the spices? The herbs? The creativity? No one wants to eat plain ground turkey day after day and there's no need to. You can use the same ingredients for very different meals. You can also freeze meal-sized portions so that you can spread out the same thing over many days/weeks. For example, today I will be cooking a big tray of bone-in chicken breasts with just salt and pepper and yes, we will have some plain chicken for supper tonight next to some sort of interesting vegetable. But we WILL NOT be eating chicken day after day after day.

I'll take the rest of the chicken meat and divide it into meal-sized portions and freeze. Then, when the mood strikes, we can have chicken for supper incorporated into all sorts of recipes for salads, stir-fries, etc. Sealed air-tight, it can easily survive the freezer for a few months.

You can do this with all sorts of foods and you don't need a big freezer to do it. I just have a top-of-the-fridge freezer. When I cook a whole bag of beans, I freeze meal-sized portions. They are a bit mushier after thawing but I just take that into account when I turn them into a soup or something.
  • mando782k2
    mando782k2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jmeprich wrote: »

It is boring but I do see an improvement on my gut.

Here's what I prep

AM Fasted Cardio 40 min Heat Rate 130bpm
    Take 1 Pro Ripped 20 min before Cardio

MEAL 1
    3 Eggs
    6 Large Egg White
    1⁄2 Cup Dry Oatmeal
    Take 1 Pro Test and 1 CLA

MEAL 2
    4oz Sweet Potato
    5oz 99% Lean Ground Turkey or White Fish 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
    Take 1 Pro Ripped