In GREAT need of motivation!

Options
Howdy, y'all!

My name is Amanda. I'm 21 years old and am beginning my weight loss journey. I work 2 jobs and am currently a college student as well....it's very hard not to eat out when I'm on the road all the time. Finding time to prepare healthy meals ahead of time is very tricky. I'm actually getting a weight loss procedure done this summer, but I am wanting to start making better food choices, and good exercise habits before then. Really finding it to be a struggle. Please help!! Thanks!

Amanda

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! You can do this! Feel free to add me for some extra support. :)
  • Southernbabe93
    Options
    Hey there! Thanks! I sure will! :smiley:
  • LittleSunshinexo
    LittleSunshinexo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi amanda! Ill add you :) im looking for new friends to keep motivation as well! My names Shannon and I'm 24 :D
  • Southernbabe93
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Shannon!! :smiley: Looking forward to being motivation buddies!
  • taylormade1975mt
    Options
    Hi Amanda I'm Mike I'm 39 yes old and starting my journey its hard at my age to change but willpower and dedication are key even eating out there are healthy choices don't give up you can do it add me for support
  • brandiekohlman
    brandiekohlman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda! I'm also planning on a weightloss surgery. I have my initial assessment appointment in six weeks. Feel free to add me and we can help each other lose some pre-procedure weight :)
  • janinekqadadah
    janinekqadadah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Amanda! I'm 22 and I had weight loss surgery last year. It's so life changing and I'm so excited for you! With such a busy schedule it will be even harder to get everything in post op, so make sure you really get the habit of meal prepping down
  • crystalnichols395
    crystalnichols395 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I'm Crystal I'm 28 years old. I will send you a friends request. We can help each other stay motivated.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You can lose 134 lbs without WLS.

WLS can have serious complications. Not to mention the unpleasant side effects like vomiting, constant nausea, chronic hypoglycemia, etc.

I work 2 jobs, am a full-time student, am VP of PHS at my university, volunteer frequently, and have 2 internships. I still make the time to meal prep. If I can do it, you can do it.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What I liked to do when I was working and going to school full time was on my one day off per week make a huge dish (casserole, a huge pot of chili, etc.) and just reheat that all week for dinner or take containers of it for lunch. It really cuts down on your propensity to eat out from laziness/being too tired to cook/too busy when it's not your day off. Also keep plenty of "no cook" meals in the house. Crisper drawer salads you can toss into a bowel and go, microwave veggies/pasta/whatever are really handy too. Good luck with your surgery!! I considered getting a procedure myself, but I am much too chicken and will just keep trying to lose weight the old fashioned way. =/
  • Southernbabe93
    Options
    Thank y'all for all of the words of encouragement! Y'all are amazing!
  • missjelly20
    missjelly20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright girl, here you go! If you follow my blog and such, I'm trying to start a nightly reflection and add some female empowerment in there! I'm a college athlete and I also work two jobs, so I'm right there with you when it comes to trying to make better eating decisions. Good luck!! Cheering for you!