30DS - Please be honest!

Options
Did anyone try this, and give up before the 1st 20 mins of the 1st level?

.............I did. Its WAY hard!

Gonna try again tomorrow and try to make it to the end!

Replies

• sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to give up. And being ubber sore doesnt help after but I am on day 9 now and it gets easier I promise.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I tried it a month ago and only did 3 days of it because I was so out of shape. I made it through the 20 minutes but I took breaks of like, 5 minutes throughout, lol. Only the strong make it through 30DS, I guess I'm not one of them yet! :laugh:
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    The first time I tried it, I went in guns blazing and managed 7 minutes. I was incredibly sore for about 4 days afterwards. Then I tried it again, but moderately and eventually built up to a point where I could do it for the full amount of time without taking breathers. It is tough, but believe me the more you do it, the easier it gets. It's still a hell of a workout though...
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It does absolutely get easier!! It was so hard the 1st 2 days. I'm on level 2 now as of yesterday & I could barely do it w/out a few cheats. I know though, after a few days I'll adjust & be able to do it. Don't give up, just do your best. If it's hard for you then you know your going to get results!!
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ADD ME AS A FRIEND WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!

I'M ON DAY 3 AND DYING! IT IS TOUGH, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S SO GONNA
    BE WORTH IT IN THE END.

WE MAY BE GOING THRU HELL NOW, BUT EVENTUALLY WE WILL LOOK LIKE HEAVEN!!!!

(pretty good analogy huh? lol)

DON'T STOP, KEEP DOIN IT, THEY SAY IT GETS EASIER...HMMM...WE'LL SEE!
  • kaholmes18
    kaholmes18 Posts: 8
    Options
    It took me 3 days to even be able to make it all the way through level 1.

Im not that out of shape but it is an intense workout. Dont push yourself too hard. Go at your own pace!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I have been doing different videos of hers for a few weeks. I do that one when I am short on time. Make sure you are using light weights if any at all at first. I know in one of her videos she says (talking about jumping jacks) that she has 400 lb people that can do them so can you.

It will get better, just remember not to push to hard at first, you don't want to over do it and not keep it up.

Good luck to you :smile:
  • Hbartels
    Hbartels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fit and lead an active lifestyle, so level 1 wasn't a challenge for me except in my weak spot- upper body strength. It helps to use a lighter weight just to get through it in the beginning, or no weight at all if that's what it takes. Progress at you own pace and tweak the things that you can to make it doable because you've much better off getting through it in some capacity than overdoing it and only getting 5 minutes in before your body says "Hell no." Just remember, the effort now means that it's less effort later to do the same things. Your body WILL get stronger and activity will get easier. I have friends out running half marathons right now that were doing a Couch to 5k program a year ago. Don't underestimate how incredibly strong you are!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I recently started 30ds and I was shocked at how hard it was. I do Zumba 3 times a week for an hour and keep up pretty well with the class. But I have yet to keep up the whole 20 min of level 1. It is the jumping jacks and jump rope that are killing me. And I do not understand why. In Zumba we do a routine that has alot of jumping jacks in it, I keep up just fine. We have other routines that involve alot of jumping up and down, no problem. But I can't get through 30ds level 1? I don't know why.
  • greyhoundluv
    Options
    I find that all the jumping (butt kicks, jumping jacks, jump rope) really hurts my joints. I either have to modify or not do the jumping at all, but then I think that the whole point of the 20 minute workout is then lost to me. It is very disappointing for me--I have the cardiovascular conditioning to do it from that perspective, but my 51 year old joints just can't hack it right now!
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    everybody's responses are scaring me. I plan on starting 30 day shred next month. I sure hope i can make it thru the 1st day
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    my sister and i started and are day 3... honestly i cussed out my tv LOL But i am sooooo not giving up just because its an *ss kicking workout :D
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have heard so many good things about 30DS I bought it today and I just finished my first day of 30DS...I am very active and work out sometimes twice a day so I knew it wouldn`t be too challenging.... but the weights and squats together really burned. I agree with someone who said to try doing it modified with no weights at first. I am using 5lb weights and a few points thought I should go and buy 3lb weighs for these workouts...lol...
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    No, but I did give up after 15 days. I began to develop knee and hip issues that I had worked very hard for a very long time previously to get rid of. Wasn't worth that, so I went back to Zumba and KettleWorx. My hips and knees have thanked me.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've never given up during it, just kept reminding myself it's only 20 minutes.

BUT, I cheated a little today, rather than doing 3/5 as per the programme, I did level 1, just couldn't bear doing another day of level 3! Hopefully tomorrow I will be "good" again.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It is a hard workout. You just have to do as much as you can. I did it everyday for 30 days in March, and now mix it in with other workouts. Tbh I still struggle some days, but on the whole it does get easier. Good luck!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It is quite the workout!! I was able to make it thru but with effort :) If it makes you feel any better, my teen daughter who is a skinny lil gal can NOT make it through all the way!! It is so so funny!

Usually she likes to poke fun at me when I'm doing any at home exercising but after trying to do the 30ds with me and not being able to, I heard her bragging to some friends that I can make it through when she can't.

Keep up with it, it does get easier. I was never able to go to level 3 though. This big ole body can not do plank position very well and level 3 was many of those types of exercises.