PX90 vs. Insanity

Options
irejb
irejb Posts: 64 Member
A few weeks ago I injured my knees while doing insanity. My doctor told me that this was common since the Insanity is very high impact and told me not do continue with it. I really liked Insanity, because of the weight loss, etc, and I'm disappointed that I can't continue with it.

My knees are still healing, but I still want to be physically active. I've heard that PX90, although intense in some aspects, is good for people with knee injuries because alot of the exercises are modified.

I was also told that PX90 is a more well rounded program than Insanity and that it defines your body more than insanity.

For those who did PX90, what is your take on it?

Replies

• sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love P90X. especially P90X3, which is only 30 min workouts but still gets you great results. I lost 7 lb in just the first 30 days of P90X3. I never did insanity so I don't know how it compares, but P90X does always give modifications for the exercises. and it is def a whole body workout with strength and cardio exercises. it always gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat. good luck!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    T25 is like insanity only just 25 minutes a day and there's a modifier that keeps it low impact, if you wanted another option, too. I lost almost 30 pounds and 25 inches in the 10 weeks. I've heard good things about P90X, too, though.
  • kcuevas10
    kcuevas10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I loved Insanity but then got achilles tendonitis and couldn't do all the high impact jumps. I lost about the same amount of weight doing both. I've always hated weights and resistance bands, but it wasn't bad with P90X, just Tony Horton talks to much for my taste. P90X does have a plyo with a lot of jumping but the other DVDs aren't bad. I'm doing P90X3 next.
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think Im going to try PX90.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If you have a Beachbody coach connection, all of the P90X's are on OnDemand now, which is only $38.86 every three months. It's all online though, so you'd need a tablet, computer or phone to watch the videos. Or if you have something like Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick you can stream it to your TV!
  • rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing this thread alive again, because I too am looking into options for at home workout DVDs.
    What do you find most beneficial from the system you use?
    Do they provide a nutrition guide with it?
  • indieblue
    indieblue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's always good to stretch your lower and upper extremities on your leg so that your knee doesn't become weak again before working out and possibly having the same injury again, it can possibly help strengthen your knee.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    rscunu wrote: »
    I'm bringing this thread alive again, because I too am looking into options for at home workout DVDs.
    What do you find most beneficial from the system you use?
    Do they provide a nutrition guide with it?

All of the P90X series is good. I hear that P90x3 is short, but fairly intense.

I'm going to be honest. If you want to work out, get a gym membership. The failure rate of working out at home is really high, and distractions (phones, kids, spouses, friends, those dirty dishes, etc.) will always interrupt and entice you to cut your workout short or completely out.
  • rscunu
    rscunu Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    All of the P90X series is good. I hear that P90x3 is short, but fairly intense.

I'm going to be honest. If you want to work out, get a gym membership. The failure rate of working out at home is really high, and distractions (phones, kids, spouses, friends, those dirty dishes, etc.) will always interrupt and entice you to cut your workout short or completely out.

Thank you for the feedback. I dont feel comfortable in a gym yet.
    I also dont have home distractions like spouse, phone, kids, etc. I live alone, it's easy for me to silence my cell phone without anxiety lol.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knees when doing insanity too. I took time off to let them heal, and then restarted the program. I just completed insanity last week with zero knee pain. (I don't have much cartilage in my knees from my past.)