tofu? edamame??

Options
Soo I see these two foods on some diaries and I'm curious to know wat the heck u do with it...I love trying TASTY new things and if anyone can share any recipes or tips on how to cook these id appreciate it:))

Replies

• jjkriv
    jjkriv Posts: 42
    Options
    I'll grab some Tofu(chicken flavored) and cut it up into chunks and add it to a vegetable soup,Tofu packs a good protein punch.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There are tons of recipes for tofu out there. You can put it in soups, add it to a stir fry and on and on. I LOVE edamame. I boil the pods in salted water and eat the beans in front of the TV instead of popcorn. You can also add them to salads, stir fry or any other dish where you'd add vegetables.
  • justkelley
    justkelley Posts: 53
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm edamame!!! I discovered this amazing vegetable about a year ago and I LOVE them. Definitely a great snack food in lieu of chips, popcorns, etc....they're just a fun food to eat and they taste good. :-) definitely try them. I like the frozen ones from Trader Joe's the most.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I love edamame with coarse sea salt. :) Mmm.. Had some tonight!
  • KB81
    KB81 Posts: 7
    Options
    Having a "bowl" of quinoa, edamame and black beans for lunch today. Added a little hot chile sauce and it's good and filling.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I buy edamame in the frozen section at Costco. They come in individual bags that you just pop in the microwave for 3 min. They're fun to eat, filling, and the size from Costco provides two servings of veggies. My kids love them, too, and can easily fix it for themselves.