Which fitbit is the best one to buy?

Options
I am ready for one now. Probably will go on amazon to get it. Which one?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want out of one. Do you want an HR monitor or not? How do you want to wear it? What's your budget? If there was one universally best one they wouldn't bother making different models.
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you just want one without a heart rate monitor, i've heard the Fitbit One is the best. For heart rate, I think the charge is supposed to be better than the surge. It is also cheaper.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Whichever one works best for you. I've had the Zip, One, and Flex, and if I had to choose I'd have stuck with the One (which I unfortunately lost).
  • bennett180790
    bennett180790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    go for a polar loop, i had the fitbit charge hr and it was beyond rubbish sent it back for a refund within 8 days. wouldnt sync to the app, the HR was diabolical during workouts and the step counter was off. Had the polar loop and had no trouble. it also takes into account your activity rather than just steps like the fitbit !
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want out of one. Do you want an HR monitor or not? How do you want to wear it? What's your budget? If there was one universally best one they wouldn't bother making different models.

I agree with the above. I started with the Ultra (which I believe they have stopped making). It was a gift. Then upgraded to the One (added features: bluetooth connectivity and an altimeter). Both the Ultra and the One are small and for me were easily worn.. clipped to my bra strap). I loved them both.

Since, I recently started exercising consistently, I have found that working within certain heart work zones help me get the most out of my workouts, so I upgraded to the Charge HR about a week ago.... Loving having the heart rate monitor. Still getting adjusted to wearing my Fitbit on my wrist as opposed to wearing it attached to my bra strap.

Hope this helps. You will very likely enjoy and benefit from any Fitbit you select. There's something about wearing a fitness tracker that helps keep you motivated to move. Good luck.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit Charge HR, but if you don't want all those features, don't spend the extra money. One of my friends has a flex and loves it. My mom uses a zip and loves it. It just depends on what you're expecting it to do.
  • mkleesp
    mkleesp Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the flex and absolutely love it, but may upgrade to the Charge HR at some point because I like the HR monitor. Think about what you personally want to get out of your fitbit, and pick the one that best fits your needs.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it. I had a Flex originally and didn't like having it on my wrist, so I switched to the One.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, none. I had the Force, did not like how the company handled the recall of it. I'll never buy another Fitbit product again.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love my HR charge. I had the charge but switched to the hr charge. Here's what I found.... The charge gave me about the same calorie burn as the treadmill did (treadmill does not have a HR monitor and neither does the charge). The HR charge shows a significant increase in calorie burned on the treadmill - about 70-100 more due to the HR monitoring. So for me the hr charge is the ticket. However if I were younger and in better shape the charge or flex would be fine
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I have a One and wear it on my bra. I wouldn't like to wear a bracelet tracker.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do you want to wear it on your wrist or clip to your body? For body style, do you want it to be basic and just count steps - get Zip. Or count flights of stairs, monitor sleep - get One. Wear on the wrist? Do you want basic, no data on the display but sync to computer or phone for stats - Flex. If you want watch details and step data and other benefits, Charge or Surge. Though those are both kind of big/bulky.

There are alot of other brands out there as well. Research the features to know what you want.
    I am ready for one now. Probably will go on amazon to get it. Which one?

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex, because I like not having to worry about it. I do put it in my pocket if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking while holding something in my hand (or pushing a shopping cart.)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Started with the flex, downgraded to the zip and I like it more as it can be worn in your bra

I have a polar HRM for workouts, not sure about the fitbit charge etc
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. I specifically wanted a heart rate monitor though since my heart is a little wonky. I'm completely addicted to it.

I've had mine almost a month. I bought it and the Aria scale and they both sync to MFP. I was a little hesitant to spend $300 in the pair but my husband said "It might just save your life" & it changed everything. I love seeing how little differences throughout the day really add up.

It probably just depends on how many bells and whistles you want. :)
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit one and clip it to my bra strap. no one can tell I have it on and it keeps my wrists free for all the pretty bracelets that I wasn't able to wear prior to weightloss :)
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and love it! Depends on what you want out of it, so do your research before buying.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit one and clip it to a pocket or waistband. Wristband ones cramp my fashion mojo.

XdsLAPRAm8uTQxGpYulmzyV4PShSJx8R_lg_zpscf5f0268.gif
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't mind spending more money on one. I just cannot wear anything around my wrist because I use my hands in my work (acupuncture and massage). I was wondering if the clip on fitbits are just as accurate.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't mind spending more money on one. I just cannot wear anything around my wrist because I use my hands in my work (acupuncture and massage). I was wondering if the clip on fitbits are just as accurate.

If you use your hands a lot, then a clip on one will probably be more accurate. The wrist ones have to try and distinguish between steps or hand movements. This means that people who talk with their hands will get false steps. I have to use my phone to track my walks/runs where I'm pushing a stroller because mine won't pick up sometimes over half the steps (wrist model), but I didn't have that issue when I used a clip on model. Sure it won't have HR like 2 of the wrist based models, but you could always get a HRM for workouts with the money you save by buying a clip on Fitbit (amazon has some chest strap HRM's for around $30).