i had fast food today and i feel guilty!

Options
misslashon
misslashon Posts: 22 Member
I used to be a fast food junkie and I haven't had any fast food in a good month or more which is a huge deal for me lol. I tried to stay within my calories by ordering a small combo with a diet coke. I still feel guilty though. I see how high fast food is in calories and it's sickening!

Replies

• YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    This happened to me on Easter weekend and because of my mistake of eating mc donalds I realize now how bad it is and how gross it is. I probably will stay off fast food for a while now. But remember once in a while is okay tomorrow is a new day with clean slate. Good luck
  • babytmarie27
    babytmarie27 Posts: 161
    Options
    Thats okay girl! This is real life. As long as you dont make it a daily habit its okay, It will help keep you sane. If you deprive yourself of what you love then you will end up binging on it. As you go further into this you will find that eating certain types of food will make you literally feel sick, that will help you kick the habit. Obviously fast food is not good for you but you made the best choice available and that is a step in the right direction!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    For me, I found it's good to have it every once in awhile. "WHAT????"

Seriously, in about two hours the McGurgles will replace your guilt with gut rot and you'll be reminded why you stopped.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    See the guy who lost weight eating just junk.

Hold on now. I am not saying eat all junk (I can hear the villagers ready to string me up).

I believe it was a good study in showing you can occasionally indulge and it won't kill you. Stay within your calories and move one.

Enjoy life...sweat all the small stuff and you will end up...all sweaty.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you should feel guilty !!! don't do it again !!!! (just a fiendly reminder from your MFP friend)
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't beat urself up over it! it's a new day. Spend 2day working it off today. Or make sure u eat everything right 2day. 1 meal of fast food is not gonna make you regain all the weight u lost. Stay positive & focus.Good luck
  • misslashon
    Options
    For me, I found it's good to have it every once in awhile. "WHAT????"

Seriously, in about two hours the McGurgles will replace your guilt with gut rot and you'll be reminded why you stopped.

It didn't take 2 hours but my stomach is like "what is this crap?!"
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    Options
    Whats done is done, feeling guilty simply makes it worse. As everyone already said, stay within your calories and make sure its no habit. These things happen.
  • misslashon
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. I really felt bad but I was in-between work shifts and so tired from work that I didn't properly plan a meal in-between. I can tell that this wont be a regular occurrence because I feel gross from eating that mess. :/
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    whenever I crave fast food I always compromise and go to subway, where I can basically pig out in a way more healthy way.
  • misslashon
    Options
    I love subway! That was actually my first option but I didn't have time. :/
  • dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    Just post the calories and go from there. If I eat fast food I just add it into the days calories then cut calories somewhere else to make the calories as close to my daily goal as possible. Doing this also helps me make better choices at the fast food place. A chicken soft taco fresco style at Taco Bell is 150 calories the other day I ate two for lunch then ate a smaller dinner. Work with what you eat.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    I managed to go 2 wks til last night when I ordered pizza, thing is Id had my tea :cry:

I decided WTH as Id always had 1 or 2 every wk in the past and still lost or maintained.

Very guilty today....and Ive gone up a kg.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dont worry did you workout? I feel guilty when I dont exercise, or have take out ;-( But dont, tomorrow is another day hun
  • misslashon
    Options
    Dont worry did you workout? I feel guilty when I dont exercise, or have take out ;-( But dont, tomorrow is another day hun

No gym today but I go 4x a week. I'm gonna find a way to work it off.