How to lose the loose skin/excess fat?

I'm 5'4, 18 years old and 108 lbs. I lost 62 lbs over the past year and a half. Problem is, I have loose skin/flab around the arms and legs, and I'm just wondering if there's a specific resistance training routine anyone can recommend? I would also like to start lifting but have no idea where to start. I've a sort of bloated stomach too. Will I need to cut back on calories again or can exercise help flatten it up a bit?

Another thing is, I get too lazy to workout at times - how do you motivate yourself to go to the gym?

Thank you :-)

Replies

• jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    You're young, your skin will likely rebound easier than it would be in your later years! Drink plenty of water and have some patience. Keep up your routine and it'll go away. I really liked Stronglifts 5x5 as a lifting routine. I found the structure of it was very motivating on its own. Good luck!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Patience or surgery are about your only options. Given your age you will probably bounce back just fine as the poster above me mentioned.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    YES, LIFT. Heavy lifting. And patience and water.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    First, what a wonderful, ambitious, obviously intelligent young woman you are! I read your profile and was extremely impressed. On top of it all, what a transformation you have gone through! You are beautiful and it is hard to believe from looking at your pictures that you have any "flab."

But, as everyone says, it should tighten up and strength training will help as will the patience and water. It is a good time to develop the fitness habit. It will make it easier with maintenance, too!

Good luck. You have really impressed me!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Thank you so much for the comments, truly appreciate it! Will probably start resistance+strength training/lifting this summer! :D
  • scottjeniferl
    scottjeniferl Posts: 6 Member
    I keep my skin very moisturized after working out, then showering,. I think the skin staying moist has helped me lose the saggy skin faster.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    jagi410 wrote: »
    You're young, your skin will likely rebound easier than it would be in your later years! !

This. I had my first baby at 23, gained 60 pounds, lost it right away and my skin went right back to normal...

My second baby at 29 has been a way different story...

• paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Thank you! Will use lotion every night/after I take a bath! :-)