The weekends are sooooo much harder for me!

Options
I do really great during the week. I guess it has to do with being busy. I have been fighting the urge to eat out of boredom all day long. At least every time I have gone into the kitchen I have put something fairly healthy in my mouth, but still even those calories still add up. I just do better when I am busy. It is cold and wet here today so being outside is not an option. Guess maybe I can go find something to clean...ugh, that sounds completely UNFUN! so anyway, I am just whining so I won't go put food in my mouth!:grumble:

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I do really great during the week. I guess it has to do with being busy. I have been fighting the urge to eat out of boredom all day long. At least every time I have gone into the kitchen I have put something fairly healthy in my mouth, but still even those calories still add up. I just do better when I am busy. It is cold and wet here today so being outside is not an option. Guess maybe I can go find something to clean...ugh, that sounds completely UNFUN! so anyway, I am just whining so I won't go put food in my mouth!:grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You can still go outside even if it is yucky out. It might not be as pretty as a sunny day, but you won't get sick or burn fewer calories. In fact, if you're carrying an umbrella, that's a couple extra lbs for your legs to carry. :laugh: If it's cold out I just bundle up more, nothing stops me from getting to the gym! Or you could go rent a workout DVD and do that inside.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and whine. We'll help motivate you! I wish I could say I was BORED! I always have so much to do that my list is long!

Research sites with good health information. I find it helpful to continually surround myself with healthy thought.

I'm with "song" - nothing stops me from going to the gym! It is so addictive, and feels so good.

I found this last night while trying to locate the "Brain Train" software. My 13 yr old friend got a DS for Christmas and I'm hooked on his "Brain Train" program. This link is totally different from that, but it is really good!

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/train-your-brain-with-exercise?page=2

~Cheryl
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, Bamboo. I've gone a bit astray today myself and right now, I'm debating whether to head out to the gym or just do double-time it tomorrow.
  • trishara
    Options
    Yeah. Not a great weekend for me either. I bought (which I never do usually) some great crusty garlic bread. It sounded so good. I love bread way to much. which is why I try not to buy the really really good stuff to often. Oh well. There is tomorrow. I did work out, but I still went way over. But the bread was good and I don't eat it all the time. Oh I also bought myself a 1 chocolate covered strawberry *my fave* as a reminder its almost my birthday:laugh: which is valentines day. i am doing the challege for valentines day. I'm 4lbs well maybe now 6lbs away from my 10lb goal for that day!:flowerforyou:
  • twink3110
    Options
    I'm with you on the fact that the busier I am the easier not eating is. Do you knit or read? I find if I pick up my knitting needles it help keep my hands busy. And I'[ve always been able to loss myself in a good story. Anyway, anything you can do to keep ya busy does help. Sort thru and arrange your photos for albums, sort thru clothing that needs to be hauled out for the goodwill or clean a closet!!LOL I got a jigsaw puzzle out last night and that was very enjoyable and took my mind off food. Hope I could help with an idea. Take care!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I survived. I did go to the gym and I didn't use all those earned calories...I used some but not all. So I guess it ended up being not so bad afterall.