introduction: I'm TushyBreeches...

TushyBreeches
TushyBreeches Posts: 5 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
LOL a co-worker thought of that name... I am a RN, overweight all of my life and stressed all the time. I worry about everything.. That has always been my life. In the last year I have been divorced, moved into an apartment and lost most material things.Yet I have the most inportant: my kids. I started thinking.. I have always been overweight, now I need to get healthy for me and my kids so I can see them grow older, marry and have grandkids... so here I am failing at getting healthy.. WHY is it I can motivate others, safe their life and inspire friends to lose weight! Yet I can't do it for myself? This is my quest. I hope the friends I meet here can inspire me and teach me how I can motivate myself.
Goals lose 60 pounds
feel good in a bathing suit
Run/Jog a 5k
rock climb
scuba diving
Thanks for reading.
Tushy

Replies

• ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    LOOOVE the name, Tush! The ppl on MFP are awesome, they'll be more supportive than your own family. Good luck, we're all hear to support you!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Love the name!! My story is basically the same... separated back in Sept, but lucky didnt have to move.. I was already in a small apartment.. getting healthy for my almost 2 year old son!! Best of luck to you!! Will send a FR!
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Hi there Tushy! Lol! It sounds like its really time to focus on you and your health goals! I will send you an add so we can keep track of each other.

Bree :)
  • I know exactly what you're saying ... it is very hard for some of us to motivate ourselves, but have no problem motivating others.

The one thing that has been helping me is telling myself day in and day out that I am worth it, that I forgive myself for my failings, and that each day must be taken as it comes. I had to learn to stop kicking myself for my shortcomings. While I am not 100% yet, I am getting there, and it is getting easier. And the more I lose in weight and inches, the easier it is to tell myself I am worth it; the clincher is that I've had to learn not to allow the plateaus to get me down where I would convince myself that I just couldn't do it and thus throw in the towel. I've learned to replace bad habits with good habits, and this has helped me to eliminate my vices that have gotten me to the point that I was at 20 lbs ago.

So, TushyBreeches, just keep telling yourself "I AM WORTH IT!"
    ... and know that your kids, family and friends believe that already
    And eventually your brain and your body will believe it too :-)
This discussion has been closed.