Need Egg Breakfast Ideas

Options
So just about every morning I eat two poached eggs on toast, sometimes adding ketchup. I don't have a lot of ingredients to work with and only about 20 minutes max to make myself something before I leave for the day. How can I spice this up?

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Eggs made in a coffee cup in the microwave is very fast. I will often cut veggies and keep in a container in the frig. Then I can add to the mug with eggs or egg beaters. Check out Hungry Girl or the Eggbeaters website for ideas.

hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/best-of-egg-mug-recipes

I also made these scrambles too.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/09/three-breakfast-scrambles.html

doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-caprese-eggs-style

doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-huevos-rancheros
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I make 6 hard boiled eggs and leave them in the fridge for the week...a great quickie can be thin sliced and spiced up or added to toast, salad, whatever.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of sautéed veggies on hand. All I have to do is heat them up and add my eggs. I've just thrown an over easy egg on top, make it into an omelette, scrambled and with soft boiled eggs. Only takes me 5-10min to make breakfast.

v8vclu1a9l8a.jpg
    jm13be7txldl.jpg
    73kw10m3ewri.jpg3y7p248jm5gk.jpg

• krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @tat2cookie your post made me hungry! <3

Check out pinterest for "muffin pan eggs". There's a ton of recipes for eggs made in a muffin pan and they come out like mini frittatas. You can cook up a bunch when you have time, then store them and just nuke them in the microwave when you're ready to eat.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    OP. If you don't want alot of prep, you could always get frozen diced veggies to add to your omelets. Prep work done. Just sautee veggies and add your eggs for easy omelet.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I make frittata muffins and pop them in the freezer. Just pull one the night before and stash it in the fridge, then nuke it for 30 seconds or so day of. I make mine on weekends so I have meals all week. I usually do red peppers, mushrooms, jalapeno, onion, and cheese. I love them. You can even slice them in half and put them on toast, or make them into an English muffin sandwich if you like.
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    I make quinoa egg muffins and freeze them. Grab a ziploc with 2 muffins on the way out the door and microwave from frozen at work ☺
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love two fried eggs with refried beans... and it's very filling for like 250 calories. Love it.

And omelets, obviously. I've been adding spinach, feta and ham to mine.
  • asbilly92
    Options
    OMGosh this will be perfect for you!! These are easy to make and quick easy and good for you!! Check out Pintrest idea, these are great!! https://pinterest.com/pin/439312138626023338/
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I scramble 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg, mushrooms and 2 laughing cow swiss cheese wedges and it tastes AMAZING! Right about 300 calories and it fills me up till lunch. Lots of protein too ;)
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a poached egg on toasted whole grain English muffin, but just made a huge batch of quinoa egg muffins. OMG! They are so good! My muffins came in at 109 calories and contained eggs, egg whites, quinoa, turkey breakfast sausage, sautéed peppers & onions, cheese and green chile. I added some oregano, garlic powder and dry mustard. (Pretty much the seasonings in my favorite strata recipe.) I spent about an hour making them, but now I have a quick easy breakfast option in my freezer. Yum! I'm going to make more with spinach, tomato and feta or maybe ham, swiss & asparagus, etc...
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I <3 this whole thread!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    budgetbytes.com has a whole section for breakfast- eggs, oats, and other. my personal favorite is the kale and chorizo frittata (although i substitute spicy italian sausage). it's 272 calories, 7g of carbs, 19g of fat, and 18g of protein per serving. make it one sunday morning, cut it into six pieces, and you have breakfast for the rest of the week.
  • SNOTMONKEY
    SNOTMONKEY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Scramble the eggs with a tablespoon or two of canned chopped green chilies mixed in. Top with some fresh salsa or your favorite hot sauce.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    While your egg water is coming to a boil, saute a few fistfuls of spinach or other greens I had it for breakfast this morning.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Eggs made in a coffee cup in the microwave is very fast. I will often cut veggies and keep in a container in the frig. Then I can add to the mug with eggs or egg beaters. Check out Hungry Girl or the Eggbeaters website for ideas.

hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/best-of-egg-mug-recipes

I also made these scrambles too.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/09/three-breakfast-scrambles.html

doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-caprese-eggs-style

doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-huevos-rancheros

IMO, I think mugs are not a great way to cook eggs in the micro....too much sticks to the cup. I use a small, 6" round silicone cake pan. NOTHING sticks to it, and its big enough to hold several eggs and lots of veggies.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I love poached eggs onto of raw spinach or other salad greens.
  • silvercat76
    silvercat76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Half cup of egg whites (all whites, not egg beaters), chicken sausage link or morning star patty, gives me my protein for breakfast. Quarter cup of reduced fat cheese, whatever I have opened. I use a low carb wrap or a half a pita.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Add sautéed mushrooms on the toast and then the egg on top, so good.
  • seneth
    seneth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites with 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers and 1/2 cup spinach , half of an avocado. switch it up with mushrooms, tomatoe, or squash. Add sum salt and pepper. With a side of 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/2 cup of 0% greek yogurt. I chop up about a weeks worth so all i have to do is measure it with cups and it takes about 10min to make