Lactose and Gluten intolerant people

Options
OKay, so i just found out that im gluten intolerant as well as lactose intolerant. Are they any ideas for bkfast/lunch/dinner? that dont have gluten in it?

Replies

• rufflesnsnarkiness
    rufflesnsnarkiness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are tons of gluten free options for breakfast! I love gluten free cereals, like peanut butter panda puffs, chex cereal (corn, etc), that you can have with lactose free milk, like almond (my favorite!), or soy. =]

In addition, eggs are awesome....and I love omelets (without cheese for you), which you can pile high with veggies to load those up. =]

Also, check your baking aisle at the grocery store, there are many gluten-free breakfast mixes for like pancakes, waffles, etc. Even bisquick comes gluten free now!

Hope you have a great one!
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you like hot cereals? I love brown rice farina (think cream of wheat) with an egg in it.

you can always go for meat and veggies for lactose free/ GF.

Also rice is GF, so rice with veggies, or a stir fry (made with GF soy sauce - be careful most soy sauces have gluten in them).

Also fajitas on corn tortillas is a yummy gluten free meal you can go sans cheese to make it lactose free as well.

Gluten free is not a death sentence :) Just be creative and its easiest if you stick to real foods instead of processed. Think meat, eggs, veggies, fruits, and rice or corn grain products.