Time to Get Serious!

Options
jkrunner80
jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
I posted in the introduction forum but figured I'd post here too. You can't have too many friends! :)

So about me (abbreviated version haha)...I used to weigh 262 lbs but started eating healthy, exercising and became a runner. Over the course of a few years I lost almost 100 lbs, ran 9 half marathons and two full marathons. After my 2nd marathon I was injured and couldn't run/exercise so the lbs added up. I then lost motivation, dedication and slowly gained back 50 pounds of my loss.

I've decided to get off my butt and work harder than I did before to get back to where I used to be. I've used MFP before but lost interest fairly quickly so I'm trying to reverse that trend. I know that logging my food and exercise helps me stay accountable, as does having like minded friends and support. Feel free to add me, say hi or whatever! :)

Looking forward to working my tail off and making new friends along the way!

Replies

• jkrunner80
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work, both before and now. I know how hard it can be after a traumatic injury. Stick with it!
  • jkrunner80
    Options
    Thanks brotha!
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You got this...Welcome back!
  • jkrunner80
    Options
    JLDRKSJ wrote: »
    You got this...Welcome back!

Thanks and thanks for the friend request! :)
  • carrieream
    carrieream Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My story is pretty similar to yours! Except I stick with the 5ks ;) I hope you reach your goals. :)
  • jkrunner80
    Options
    carrieream wrote: »
    My story is pretty similar to yours! Except I stick with the 5ks ;) I hope you reach your goals. :)

Thanks! Hope you reach yours too! :)
  • choward254
    Options
    A setback is a setup for a comback! You got this! ;)