Completed my first week of fitness pal food/exercise journal

Options
Finished my first week of diary keeping - and ignorance has been blissful! I thought I was doing everything right, but after talking with my nutrition doctor, and keeping track for just 7 days, I realize why I am not losing weight. :( Time turn up the volume and get real. I can hear my celery stalking me... got to run.... springer!

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Make the adjustments you need to get tracking correctly and keep at it. You will be glad you did.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Finished my first week of diary keeping - and ignorance has been blissful! I thought I was doing everything right, but after talking with my nutrition doctor, and keeping track for just 7 days, I realize why I am not losing weight. :( Time turn up the volume and get real. I can hear my celery stalking me... got to run.... springer!
    -
    - Sooo, overall do you think you are going to stick with us?

• wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Keep tracking and measure and weigh everything. Good job at making the first step and getting the first week done. I gets easier and becomes a habit over time. Don't give up.
  • gloria3ven
    Options
    Hi:)...just started keeping track myself and it definitely is an eye opener when you realize how much you are eating compared to how many calories you should be eating to stay on track...I had gained about 10 pounds in a couple of weeks by not minding what I was eating and drinking cola soda. It's all about healthy eating and drinking water, I know I got this! Good luck!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    That's the beauty of tracking - I learned a lot about nutrition and how to make better choices by looking back over a week's diary, seeing where I did well, or didn't do so well, and learned from it. It takes awhile to change habits figure out some better choices, but take it one day, then one week at a time. It's worth it. :smile:
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tracking is the single biggest factor for success. Helps you keep it real. Keep up the good work.
  • springerjp15
    springerjp15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support and words of experience. I had a great workout session with my trainer yesterday - and have plans to workout over the weekend. I will keep you posted. It is my husband's birthday - kids coming over - cake :( so need to be positive and balanced. have a great weekend everyone .. springer out!!