Can i treat myself to pizza?

Options
I am really wanting a piece but 1 piece = 2 small pieces. I looked up nurtitional content. 1 slice is 380 calories and 17% total fat 25% saturated fat and lots of carbs obviously @ 19% i didn't eat breakfast was in pain i have just had a WW ice cream bar and a couple bites from a Fiber one bar... should i allow myself 1 piece? My calories allows it.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If your calories allow it then sure why not!?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It's up to you, you know your body best.

Personally, my experience gained years ago is that if I "waste" my calories on high fat foods, even if they're within my calories, I end up either miserable or going over on my calories by the end of the day because they don't satisfy my hunger. Your body might react differently.

As yourself how badly you want the pizza, and how often you get a craving to eat something that should be an occasional treat rather than a staple food. If it's something highly calorific that I know I'm going to want to eat every other day, I ignore the craving because i know I need to break the habit, but if it's something I rarely fancy such as ice cream (which I have maybe once every six months) I allow myself to go for it. :smile:

By the way, in case you didn't know, if you make pizza yourself, with a thin crust and very little cheese, it can be a very healthy meal.
  • Daddy_Jacob
    Daddy_Jacob Posts: 34
    Options
    if your under your goal then yea you can
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    enjoy the small stuff.
    learning to treat yourself is part of a new lifestyle change
    if you are to strick, you will binge eventully. just talking from experience.
    id rather eat a slice when my calories alow it then binge and eat 4 slices cuz i havnt had pizza in say 4 months
    :]
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sure you can - if you want all that grease floating in your veins ! Make your own Pizza on a whole grain english muffin - with low fat motz and whole tomatoes - does the trick 4 me :)
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving it, I would have the 1 slice and fit it into your cals for the day. By not giving in occasionaly (and I do mean just once in a while), you could drive yourself into a binge. FYI, I had 2 slices of Pizza Hut thin crust cheese pizza today and do not feel guilty at all. I do, however, plan and getting in a good workout before days end.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    if your calories allow it then 1 piece won't hurt I used to love pizza I still do now but I make it now
    tortilla wrap, BBQ sauce chicken peppers and low low cheese the whole pizza is less than 350 cals
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NO !!!!! I love pizza one will lead to two...two will lead to three....NO
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza! This is a lifestyle change and, if you are like me, you are not going to go the rest of your life and never eat a slice again. I treat myself to the things I'm really craving, but I find, where I used to eat 2 or 3 pieces of pizza, now I can only eat one. And quite frankly, the healthified homemade pizzas just don't cut it for me. Enjoy your pizza. :wink:
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    You know, some people may have something bad to say but not me. I have come to realize if I deprive myself of things I love that eventually I will lose it and binge. I am on this journey to make myself healthier and to feel better about myself. This will be a life long journey and if I don't learn how to manage what I am doing I will fail. I am not doing this to make myself miserable or to have people be mean to me if I make "bad choices." You only live once. If you want pizza I say have pizza!!! Just remember the key is moderation. Take a piece and eat it slowly and savor the flavor - it may just be enough to tide you over for awhile. Life isn't worth living if you have to be so miserable micromanaging every little thing. Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Can you? Yes! Should you? :wink: That's up to you. I would say no. If I read your post correctly you said you didn't really eat much of a breakfast and already had two "treats" and that is why you have the extra calories to use? If it were me I would eat a well balanced meal to make up for the lack of nutrition this AM. I DO agree that life needs moderation and a splurge once in a while, but for me I would choose to NOT eat the pizza. :smile:
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just had gallbladder surgery and i honestly haven't had any junk in a over 5 weeks besides the ww ice cream and fiber one bars if those count as "junk" i really only wanted 1 piece. Like my nutritionist said i shouldn't deprive myself she said i could have 1 piece also but these are big pieces. I've lost another pound today and i don't want to jeopardize that but at the same time there is a large cheese pizza sitting at my table and i wouldn't mind 1 piece with a salad. =)
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just had gallbladder surgery and i honestly haven't had any junk in a over 5 weeks besides the ww ice cream and fiber one bars if those count as "junk" i really only wanted 1 piece. Like my nutritionist said i shouldn't deprive myself she said i could have 1 piece also but these are big pieces. I've lost another pound today and i don't want to jeopardize that but at the same time there is a large cheese pizza sitting at my table and i wouldn't mind 1 piece with a salad. =)
  • kleeann3
    kleeann3 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sure you can - if you want all that grease floating in your veins ! Make your own Pizza on a whole grain english muffin - with low fat motz and whole tomatoes - does the trick 4 me :)

mmmm...that sounds so good!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'd do for RIGHT NOW. Just say NO. And then...........

Plan on eating pizza tomorrow to fulfill your craving. You'll look forward to it. Then, like others have said, look up a great healthy recipe and make it yourself. A little something I do w/ all of my 'sauces': Blend carrots, celery, onion, and whatever other veggies your body needs. Blend them to nothingness and then mix them in w/ your pizza sauce and cook them. You won't know they're there and it ads alot of good flavor AND nutrition to what your eating.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I plan when I have pizza and I try to stay away from gluten, so I don't have it often. What I do is plan to eat no more than 2 piece. Either cheese or a vegetable topping. I then have a big salad with it and water with lemon as my drink.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You know, some people may have something bad to say but not me. I have come to realize if I deprive myself of things I love that eventually I will lose it and binge. I am on this journey to make myself healthier and to feel better about myself. This will be a life long journey and if I don't learn how to manage what I am doing I will fail. I am not doing this to make myself miserable or to have people be mean to me if I make "bad choices." You only live once. If you want pizza I say have pizza!!! Just remember the key is moderation. Take a piece and eat it slowly and savor the flavor - it may just be enough to tide you over for awhile. Life isn't worth living if you have to be so miserable micromanaging every little thing. Enjoy!! :flowerforyou:

Ditto..ditto...totally agree...my sentiment actually!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I eat HALF a DiGiorno pizza about once a week, and it hasn't hampered my weigh loss or fitness goals one bit. There's always a sodium gain the day after, so expect that and don't panic.
  • joolzsd
    joolzsd Posts: 51
    Options
    I eat pizza. I try to eat a salad first though. :) But with your gallbladder out, be careful of the greasy stuff. my mom had hers out and regrets it if she eats certain foods.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Be careful with having no gallbladder. Greasy foods like pizza may make you have to run to the bathroom.