Stopped smoking and want to get fit!

Options
jen19855
jen19855 Posts: 15 Member
My name is Jen, 30 from the UK. I've recently stopped smoking and want to get myself in good shape! I've led quite a sedentary lifestyle of smoking, wine and films, but have always enjoyed being in the outdoors so want to get healthier to enjoy that more!
Hope to make some friends here along the way :)

Replies

• alexleiiigh
    alexleiiigh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done hun for quitting smoking! I unfortunatly smoke 15 a day. How did u do it? Its great u wanna get fit me too!. Maby we can be fitness buddys :) x
  • jen19855
    Options
    Hey there! I'm using 25mg patches at the mo and feel amazing! It's only been 2 weeks but it's the longest I've gone without smoking since I was 14! X
  • johnfraser95
    johnfraser95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be proud! Push yourself every day a little at a time to be better than the day before!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    jen19855 wrote: »
    Hey there! I'm using 25mg patches at the mo and feel amazing! It's only been 2 weeks but it's the longest I've gone without smoking since I was 14! X

That's awesome! I've known a lot of people that have addictions so I know they are a tough thing to get over. Getting fit should be easy peasy compared to that. :smile:
  • Improve1
    Improve1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting! I just quit, too after 11 years. I wish I could do the patch. It always makes me feel dizzy and sick.
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! That is a hard thing. You can do anything. :)
  • jen19855
    Options
    Improve1 wrote: »
    Congrats on quitting! I just quit, too after 11 years. I wish I could do the patch. It always makes me feel dizzy and sick.

Oh that's not good :( maybe it was the brand?? X
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    well done on the smoking part.....that's one on my list (again) I am trying it differently this time....I am trying to get my eating / exercise going and on track......once I start feeling healthy and can do some exercise then I know I will then start to really sort out the smoking part....

I have stopped for 5 months twice in the past and then once for 9 months following champex course for 6 weeks.....(these are a tablet we get / used to get not sure anymore in the UK that helps with stopping smoking)

Each time in the past I have stopped something major has happened in life to someone close and it has set me off smoking again through stress.....anyway there is no one left now apart from the wife so I dare give it another go soon......lol

I am 41 from Yorkshire with a fair bit to shift......I am starting out on the exercise part....very slow to start....feel free to add me for support and a few laughs along the way.....