Any one else out there slow to lose weight?

Options
My name is Sheri. I have been working out with a personal trainer 2x a week since I began this weight loss journey on Jan. 6, 2011. I began at 240 lbs and am now down to 224lbs. I work out 6-7 days a week, taking 10-12 classes each week including my training sessions. I do cross training, weight training, resistance training, zumba, pilates, zoga, etc. I am so frustrated because my weight loss seems so slow. I eat 1500-1800 calories a day, following a very healthy low-fat diet, with fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, and leans meats and lots of fish. Today was my 9th class since Monday and I have yet to lose a pound this week. I know I am gaining lots of muscle but I am so frustrated that the scales are not moving down. Has anyone else had this problem? My trainer thinks that maybe I should try eating more because I am working out so much and maybe my body is not getting enough. Any ideas?

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I think your trainer is probably right... eat back at least half of your exercise calories, if not all of them. But good on you for working SOOOO HARD!!!
  • lizrangel76
    lizrangel76 Posts: 34
    Options
    Are you losing inches? I noticed I was losing inches, but the scale was not moving much. Then all of a sudden I noticed after 6 weeks the weight started dropping. I know it can be frustrating, but with all your hard work it will pay off. Good luck on you journey.
    7144810.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I would say give it a try for a few weeks eating back at least 1/2 of your calories....see if you lose better. It's different for everyone, and it's trail & error to find out what is best for you : )

Good luck.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    PROTEIN----60-80 grams

Fluid
    48-64oz--jello, ice, popsicles, and yogert count as fluids

3 regular meals and 2 snacks

5 Grams of total FAT or less

12 grams(or Less) of sugar in dairy products,12 grams sugar ok in Yoget and icecream

300 mg SODIUM (SALT) at most per serving MAX per day 2400mg

2-4 Grams FIBER or more per serving, you CANT get too much fiber 20-35 gms daily

64oz of WATER daily
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good luck!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Sounds like you are working out a lot and I would assume that you are burning a lot of calories. Are you eating back your exercise calories? I know for me when I started I didn't eat them back and only lost 3 lbs in a month (and didn't really have the energy to work out as much as I would have liked) I also tried eating them all back for a month and only lost 2lbs in a month. For me I had to do some experimenting and found that eating back 1/3 - 1/2 of my exercise calories works the best for me as long as I stick to that I lose consistently (about 2.5-3lbs a week average). I would say you should be eating back at least some of your exercise calories. And it may take some experimenting to see what works for you.
  • LLRamey
    LLRamey Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes I am with you! I can definitely tell a big difference in the way my clothes fit and my endurance. But that scale will not move!!! Grrrr
  • sheri816
    sheri816 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I will take your advice and try eating back at least a third of the calories burned and see if it helps. I will not give up. I feel great and am addicted to the exericse.