dinner

Options
What is a good low cal dinner getting tired of chicken and salad

Replies

• DDavey382
    Options
    Grilled or baked fish and steamed veggies is good if you havea good source for fish. I personally like salmon or tilapia and season it with lemon juice and greek seasoning, lemon pepper or lawry's season salt ( go easy on that one).

Grilled lean pork is good as well. Serve it with veggies and a low glycemic index rice for a carb treat. The pork can also be sauted in a bit of olive oil. It doesnt take much oil if you have a good non stick pan. I like to season it with rosemary, garlic and onion powder.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    DDavey382 wrote: »
    Grilled or baked fish and steamed veggies is good if you havea good source for fish. I personally like salmon or tilapia and season it with lemon juice and greek seasoning, lemon pepper or lawry's season salt ( go easy on that one).

Grilled lean pork is good as well. Serve it with veggies and a low glycemic index rice for a carb treat. The pork can also be sauted in a bit of olive oil. It doesnt take much oil if you have a good non stick pan. I like to season it with rosemary, garlic and onion powder.

So... you up for having random strangers over for dinner? LOL
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We had some ham and bean soup! It is 234 cals for a decent sizes bowl. It was so simple just threw in the crock pot for 8 hrs on low. Also pork chops are very low cal and we have baked breaded chicken strips that I think are pretty delicious. Cubed steaks are pretty versatile.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    If you buy a big pork loin, you can roast & serve it with black beans & fried bananas one night; then chop some in thin strips and fry for pork tacos with guacamole & ancho-sautéed pecans (I love cabbage leaf "tacos" but the fam uses tortillas); and use the rest to make Posole (anchos dissolved & puréed in chicken stock + hominy). My family likes each meal better than the last, and my fav is a poached egg on Posole for breakfast.

I do a lot of chicken, too. Tossing it in quinoa with grilled zucchini & yellow squash & a crumbly cheese like queso fresco or goat is a nice change of pace. I add shredded spinach to mine to "stretch" the quinoa. I make a gallon of chicken stock on Sunday with a whole chicken carcas and use it for varied soups all week. Bon appetite!
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    8 ounce steak, a whole avocado, 3 strips of bacon, broccoli with butter, and a salad dressed with olive oil and vinegar. Oh wait, did you ask about low carb, or low cal?
  • djpooch
    djpooch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted spaghetti squash (2 cups) with marinara (1 cup - i like sauce...) and lean ground bison - or beef - (4 oz). You get protein and plenty of veg/fiber. 414 calories
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    This is one of the recipes I use, it's yummy and this website is really good for meal ideas:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/pepper-steak.html