What's YOUR motivation?!

Options
We all have different goals, but why do we have those goals? I just want to be down to my original weight. Because I have some big things coming up: two beach trips, supposedly an engagement and then, of course, a wedding would follow.
We constantly need to remind ourselves of our reasons because they are personal motivation.
So what is your reason? What's your motivation?
Look around at each others', they can help too! Be rocks for yourself and one another.

Replies

• cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is higher than I want it. I enjoy my food more when I am less heavy.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've been chubby my whole life. I just want to be able to wear a bikini for once in my life.

Also, I'm quite weak because when my mom was alive she never allowed me to do sports. And I'm scared of ostereoporosis. (Don't ask me why, no history.) So exercise to strengthen my bones and muscles.

Also, my sister. If she can look gorgeous and she's related to me, then I have no excuse.
  • kennaj0912
    Options
    I want to lose my baby weight and feel good about myself. I also want to support my dad in his new diabetic adventure. And be happy and have energy :D
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I want to be a bad *kitten* again. My ultimate fantasy goal would to get into shape enough to audition for Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge. But I just want to be healthy and in shape again.
  • icedcupcake1981
    icedcupcake1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did it once I am determined to do it again. Just want to get healthy & look good again. I have a couple of nice dresses that I'd love to get back into as well. Still have another 10kg to go before I'll be happy. :-)
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The medical conditions that run in my family scare me. Maybe more so since it doesn't appear like much effort is made to try to use lifestyle changes to help manage things like high blood pressure or type 2 diabetes, which really just leads to worsening health and other complications. I want to be healthy and fit now in my 30s so it's easier to stay that way.
  • billbrown72
    billbrown72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My motivation is looking at older pictures when I was in tip top shape and wanting to get back to that place
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I want to be a cougar.
  • msrenaye1521
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and I don't want it to affect my daughter.
  • jIngraffia7874
    jIngraffia7874 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel sexy again honestly. Simple and common but very true
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To not hate what I see in the mirror
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Smaller sized sweatpants.
  • Divia09
    Divia09 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just want to feel sexy again honestly. Simple and common but very true
    This is the same reason and motivation for my goals as well.
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd like another baby before I get too old, I'm worried my fat body couldn't cope with labour so I'm hoping to lose 100lbs and have a baby :smile:
  • skittlelancing
    skittlelancing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1.) I'd love to set an example for my sister; I love her so much and really want her be happier with herself

2.)My "best friend" is shallow and judgmental and it would be mot excellent if she'd can it.

3.) I'm 18- I need a bikini body pronto :wink:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    1 word, 1 syllable, 3 letters: abs.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Currently, a closet full of clothes that no longer fit, and the mirror. I want to FEEL good in my old clothes and LOOK good in those clothes too. Of course health as well. But it's mostly vain reasons right now... o:)
  • sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from wanting to stop my bad habit of stress eating and be more mindful of taking care of my body instead of using food as a coping mechanism.

And I'd love to feel better in my clothes, as well as show off my new belly button piercing that I just got 3 weeks ago before I fell off the bandwagon :p