ideal % of cals & type of cals for breakfast?

Options
I hear a lot of different things as for mostly protein for breakfst, mostly carbs, half and half, etc. I also hear a lot of people say breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day..then some people say 20% of your daily cals. I usually eat breakfast about an hour after I wake up then go workout within three hours, so should I make it more carbs or protein?

Also, my daily calorie goal is 950 (which was recommended by the bariatrics doctor I went to because it is 500 under my bmr) I do add some extra, depending on how many I burn workiing out and whether I'm still hungry or not..but either way it is just temporary. I don't know how many cals I should eat for breakfast so that I get my metabolism revved properly, but still have enough left for the rest of the day..especially in the afternoon after the gym when I'm starving..

Advice??? :smile: thanks!

Replies

• Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor but that amounts seems very low. Please tell me you're eating your exercise calories.

This isn't meant to sound critical (like I said, not a doctor, don't know anything), I'm just concerned...
  • shawnateerow
    Options
    depends on my burn but usually i'll eat about half that I burn. I always listen to what my body tells me
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The more articles I read about nutrition, the more I realize that no one was is correct. Do what feels right to you, and what works. I have read so many conflicting articles by "experts", that Either they are just writing them because they are running out of new material to write about, or because there is not one right way to do things. I think it all depends on YOUR body, and it's needs. We all respond differently to different things, and we all have different nutritional needs.