what do you mix with your protien powder?

Options
Water?
Milk?

Do you add anything else besides the above, if so what?
I bought Plantfusion - Protein - Vanilla Bean for protien since I'm trying to take meat out of my lifestyle change (personal choice, please don't argue it) and I wanted to know what other people add to their protien shakes?

Its also really hard to reach 1,200 with no meat so that's a problem also...any advice will help,thanks!

Replies

• Karooola06
    Options
    Hey! Ive ordered my first ever protein powder today (excited!I think it depends on which one you have. Some can be mixed with milk and some with water I guess? :p
  • Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cool I just seen a thread that said half and half so I'll try that, thanks for the reply
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Coconut water!
  • borgesjose
    borgesjose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I add my protein powder to fruit and egg whites for morning smoothie breakfast...500 calories.
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    depends on the protein powder. Isopure unflavored I'll mix into my coffee or when I'm making jello. Syntrax nectar goes in smoothies or gets mixed with crystal light. I tend to not like the sweeter flavors like vanilla and chocolate.
  • HTECHS
    HTECHS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Water and ice. Usually toss in some PB2 for more flavor depending upon what I'm making. Lean1 has by FAR been my favorite protein powder for flavor and texture... makes a perfect milkshake every time and is delicious mmmhmmm
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with my oatmeal,plain greek yogurt,smoothies.
  • mhileman68
    mhileman68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix it with water and add frozen fruit or bananas. I really like frozen mangos and pineapple together.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I shake mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It creates a fuller flavour than water, as I don't drink milk.
  • ysooor
    ysooor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on what flavor you have, but for a faster absorption you can mix it with water or you can make a shake if you care about that taste.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I mix them with water, but I also like them with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    2% milk and a banana.