How often should you weigh in

Options
I have been working out for 6weeks now only weighing myself twice! Good tips on how to get accurate weight!

Replies

• lucylouhunter84
    lucylouhunter84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Twice in 6 weeks! I wish I had your willpower! I typically weigh in once a week, first thing Monday morning, but I do occasionally weigh 2-3 days a week to see how my weight is fluctuating. It's all down to personal preference I guess. If you're happy to check the scales every few weeks - which is what I plan to do when I get to my goal weight - then do it!
  • authenticvsop
    authenticvsop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Lucy! I guess, because, I'm not really interested in the number weight, I only do so less often. But my body fat went from a 36 to 30 at week 4. I'm slimming down toning up all around.
  • fraseria
    fraseria Posts: 16
    Options
    My personal opinion... its not a bad idea to keep tabs on weight just to see what's happening, but rather track measurements every 2 weeks. They tell the true story of your success. Keep at it :)
  • Tavasztundere
    Tavasztundere Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I weigh myself every morning and evening, and also before exercise and after exercise. As I1d like to loose weight, if I see a decrease in my weight, I am soooo happy, if I am gaining weight, I am angry at myself and force myself to eat less. I wash my hair (3 times a week) in the mornings, but always weigh myself before washing my hair, as I beleive water/humidity makes my hair weigh more.
    I realize my period also makes fluctuation in my weight, and I know checking my weight 4 times a day is too much, but seeing the weightloss motivates me.
    I know I should deal with this, but I don't know how.
    Give me ideas please.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Just step away from the scales :) HAHAHA, not really if it works for you, but if it's becoming an obsession try once a day or every other if you can't stand the suspense. Truly I look forward to the surprise when I only weigh once a week and sometimes every other week when I've added calories as I work my way toward maintenance. The daily fluctuations we can all go through would drive me batty.....but I know several people who weigh daily and log it into the Happy Scales app so they get a weekly average for their loss rather than just depending on the evil scale once a week.

It all boils down to personal preference.... Although for some weird reason today I got a message from MFP I hadn't recorded my weight in 3 days! Really? Now if it had been a couple weeks or a month or something I could see that reminder popping up, but 3 days? Ummmm.... NO!

Best wishes on your journey :D
  • authenticvsop
    Options
    Yes Fraseria! I completely agree with you. Measurements tell the true success story lol

• authenticvsop
    Options
    Hey Tava! Well, yeah, menstrual cycle is inevitable lol. So try not to check your weight right before and right after. My opinion checking too much and not seeing what you like is discouraging. Try just once a day, then once every week
  • authenticvsop
    Options
    Best wishes to you to sand castle