• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat less.....
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    taylor2533 wrote: »
    I have been logging my food since January, staying under my caloric intake 90% of the time, working out 5-6 times a week and I lost 5 of the 10 pounds I wanted to loose. Now, I've gained the 5 back and I haven't changed what I'm doing, if anything, I'm eating even better...I have 3 weeks to loose my 5 pounds again. Any suggestions???

Could the 5 you've gained back be due to hormones? Food still digesting? Water retention? For me, a 5 lb gain is temporary, it usually whooshes after a few days. How does your body feel? Have you noticed a difference? Pants looser, or more snug? Your food looks normal to me (at least for the few days I checked out for the days you've logged). If you have a bit of extra cash maybe look into getting a FitBit (They are ~$100). I found that with MFP I was set to 1200 calories to lose 1.5 lbs a week, and I was always tired, my body started retaining a lot of water, and my fat started to feel really squishy. I upped my calories and all the water I was retaining just dropped right off. Then I got a FitBit, which really helped me to be able to gauge my activity levels a little better, and I'm eating more food now (about the same level your'e eating), and still losing because I make sure that there is a 500-1000 difference daily between my MFP food and my FitBit activity.

Just keep going, if you are making positive changes to your lifestyle you WILL see a difference. I would also recommend logging EVERYTHING, every day. It can be a pain in the butt, but it really does help a lot. If you check out my diary you'll see that I've had a few 3,000 calorie days, and the scale is still going down. I'm sure next week you'll be right back down to where you were!
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    And your stats are...?
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you have your calorie goal set too high to lose weight. For many women, 1700 calories is their maintenance level. To lose five pounds in three weeks, you're looking at needing to drop your calorie goal to 1200 and not eating your exercise calories.

except for the fact that i eat at least 2000cal/day and am losing weight consistently.....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It looks to me like you have your calorie goal set too high to lose weight. For many women, 1700 calories is their maintenance level. To lose five pounds in three weeks, you're looking at needing to drop your calorie goal to 1200 and not eating your exercise calories.

except for the fact that i eat at least 2000cal/day and am losing weight consistently.....

Agreed. Most active women (like the OP) I know are losing at 1700-2100 calories, which means maintenance around 2200-2600

• Mitzimum
    Mitzimum Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    question: why was my post flagged?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You need to be more accurate with your logging. You're eating more than you think and burning less than you think.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You've gained 5 pounds back by eating practically nothing? That's... Unusual, to say the least.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Mitzimum wrote: »

probably cos a lot of people here frown upon stuff like liver cleanses. And see them as a scam.

• psuLemon
    Options

probably cos a lot of people here frown upon stuff like liver cleanses. And science has proven them to be scams.

FIFY.

But I also took care of the flags.
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    thanks, it wasn't spam I was just trying to help. How come people don't like them?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    thanks, it wasn't spam I was just trying to help. How come people don't like them?
    It's not necessarily you, its the fact you are advocating for a product this is essentially useless. One's body doesn't need to be cleansed or detoxed as your liver/colon take care of that naturally. In fact, most cleanses are just very low calorie short term things that have been created as a marketing scheme to make money. And for that reason, they don't fly on this forum.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    It's not necessarily you, its the fact you are advocating for a product this is essentially useless. One's body doesn't need to be cleansed or detoxed as your liver/colon take care of that naturally. In fact, most cleanses are just very low calorie short term things that have been created as a marketing scheme to make money. And for that reason, they don't fly on this forum.

Exactly.

I wish Dr. Oz would be banned from TV :)
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    ok but fyi the one I'm on I eat between 1600 to 2000 calories a day and have lost 3.5kg (7 pounds) in 5 weeks. I haven't even been exercising. So they may be a load of baloney but this one f***** works. Plus I didn't advocate any 'product' I just said liver cleanse.
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a douche
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ok but fyi the one I'm on I eat between 1600 to 2000 calories a day and have lost 3.5kg (7 pounds) in 5 weeks. I haven't even been exercising. So they may be a load of baloney but this one f***** works. Plus I didn't advocate any 'product' I just said liver cleanse.

Yes, a calorie deficit works. What does that have to do with a "liver cleanse"?
  • Mitzimum
    Options
    well i was on 1200 cals for four months and didn't lose a gram. ... that is a bigger calorie deficit than 1600 and yet now I'm losing steadily. Boom
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    well i was on 1200 cals for four months and didn't lose a gram. ... that is a bigger calorie deficit than 1600 and yet now I'm losing steadily. Boom

How exciting! What exactly does this Liver Cleansing Diet consist of?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

So you're saying that a "liver cleanse" can actually circumvent the rules of how your body uses and consumes energy? That is impressive. I'm sure if a liver cleanse can allow this, we'll soon be seeing the studies documenting it.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options

So you're saying that a "liver cleanse" can actually circumvent the rules of how your body uses and consumes energy? That is impressive. I'm sure if a liver cleanse can allow this, we'll soon be seeing the studies documenting it.

F*** science! I want to know now! What are the rules of this amazing diet?