Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

whats pushed you?!

Whats pushed you to become healthy? What diet have you found successful?

Replies

• kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Honestly. ... my push came from a friendly bet. Then the motivation came from lack of support. Now it's a personal mission on my part. I'm down 30 lbs since January 4th when I started. Just eating healthy and cardio. Mfp food diary has really helped me to see how bad I was eating before.
  • kiousd
    My wife is a big help now.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    I hated feeling sluggish and feeling the "jiggles" when i moved. After my kids for some reason i didnt feel the need to do my make up or take care of myself and felt like me choosing to take care of me was choosing that over taking care of my kids. It hit me one day that i could do both. That i NEEDED to do both! If im mentally and physically unhealthy how can i possibly take care of my kids? I couldn't. I have gone from 219 as of jan 2013 down to 163 today and feel great. I have definition and seeing results now is pushing me more! I gave myself a bikini challenge to be "bikini ready" by mid april and that is my "push" now. Hearit that you look good is also a huge motivator. Its like wait... Im a mom and you think i look good still?!? So many factors for me i guess!
  • kiousd
    I hated feeling sluggish and feeling the "jiggles" when i moved. After my kids for some reason i didnt feel the need to do my make up or take care of myself and felt like me choosing to take care of me was choosing that over taking care of my kids. It hit me one day that i could do both. That i NEEDED to do both! If im mentally and physically unhealthy how can i possibly take care of my kids? I couldn't. I have gone from 219 as of jan 2013 down to 163 today and feel great. I have definition and seeing results now is pushing me more! I gave myself a bikini challenge to be "bikini ready" by mid april and that is my "push" now. Hearit that you look good is also a huge motivator. Its like wait... Im a mom and you think i look good still?!? So many factors for me i guess!

Keep up the awesome work. You've doing great.
  • MrNundy
    MrNundy Posts: 242 Member
    Need a career. RAF is my plan.
  • AkCyclist
    AkCyclist Posts: 1,200 Member
    I like sports. When I can't participate or I'm unable to compete it makes me feel terrible.
  • @AkCyclist‌ @LiquidSparkle86‌ @kiousd‌ two years ago I went into a troubling time in life. it caused me to become anorexic my mom was so worried about me I was losing so much hair and lost 70 pounds in just a few months now life is good and it's been good I've gained back so much weight. I went shopping for my birthday and could not find anything that I liked in my size that was the turning point for me! I'm 26! I want to wear cute clothes I want to dress normal in the summer and not get looked at funny for dressing from head to toe clothed to covered up and suffer or dress according to the weather and get the nasty stairs looks and comments
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    @AkCyclist‌ @LiquidSparkle86‌ @kiousd‌ two years ago I went into a troubling time in life. it caused me to become anorexic my mom was so worried about me I was losing so much hair and lost 70 pounds in just a few months now life is good and it's been good I've gained back so much weight. I went shopping for my birthday and could not find anything that I liked in my size that was the turning point for me! I'm 26! I want to wear cute clothes I want to dress normal in the summer and not get looked at funny for dressing from head to toe clothed to covered up and suffer or dress according to the weather and get the nasty stairs looks and comments

Before i got pregnant with my son i was anorexic for 3 years. I was a size 2 wedding gown and 115 lbs when ingot married (i am 5'9). There were days i was too weak to get out of bed. Before this i was bulimic. I would throw up every time i ate something and eventually id start getting random nose bleeds from all the pressure caused by trowing up. It is StILL a battle for me especially getting back into the weight loss jive! I compare myself to my 115 lb body and think im fat, and there are days when i obsess ridiculously about the food i eat. If you ever want to chat hit me up! I know the struggle :0/ and its a life long battle.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Seeing pictures of myself...I couldn't believe they were me. I grew up healthy and in sports and lost the baby weight after my daughter within a year. But for some reason I let myself go and those pictures snapped me into gear. Lost 40+ and still look at the pictures because I won't go back to that.
  • Browncoat_McNac
    Browncoat_McNac Posts: 48 Member
    My push came from my 9 year old son who sat me down one day and had a very frank discussion with me. He told me it made him sad that I couldn't run around the yard and play with him and he was afraid I was going to get diabetes and die too young. The fact that even a 9 year old kid could see that was a HUGE wake-up call for me. That was in January and I have lost 14 pounds since then, have a goal to lose at least 30 more and KEEP IT OFF. I am only 30, that is way too young to just give up. My kids need me to be there for them and their kids, someday. And guess what?? I went out and ran around the back yard with my son yesterday.. and it was SO much fun!