Whats Your Reason?!?

Options

Replies

• woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I need to outlive our dogs who are 2 and 3 years old. It's bad enough when they grieve while I'm out mowing the lawn.

My husband would starve to death without me, and our grieving dogs would starve because he never thinks to feed them.

:smiley: Absolutely love this! :smile:
  • bjcapalupo
    bjcapalupo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started this diet together one day and I quit but he still continued. He was losing weight and looking really really good and right then and there I decided that I was going to lose weight. So my motivation is my husband Peter and my grandson Cooper who I want to be able to get on the floor with and play and run around with. To date I have lost 25 lbs!
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So many reasons, I want another baby, I want to weigh less before I get my gallbladder taken out because I'm terrified of the op and being fat increases the risk of complications
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want my kids to know the importance of being healthy :smile: If I had a better example as a kid I probably would not have been overweight to begin with. Plus Type 2 diabetes runs in my family and getting that terrifies me to no end.
  • beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    guidinox wrote: »
    I just want to feel better.

This is always a plus!
  • tropicgran
    tropicgran Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? My body hurts; it is getting less graceful when getting up from a chair or the floor; my clothes look horrible--clothes shopping is a nightmare--I have a whole closet of clothes that I haven't been able to wear more than once, or at all; I want to keep my medications at only two, or get off of them. The tops of my feet are fat--how and when did that happen? I want to stop hiding or sucking in my belly, or holding my head at a certain angle to minimize the double chin when I'm taking a pic. There are more reasons definitely.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I want to not be tired.
    I want to look great in some new clothes (of course!)
    I want to be able to cross the overhead bars and not drop to the ground in the next mud run I participate in.
    I want to avoid the health problems that come along with being in the obese BMI range.
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For me, a few things:
    1. prevent having a heart attack at 43, like my dad did (I'm 42 now)
    2. I'm sick of all my joints hurting, and want to still be mobile 20 years from now, and beyond
    3. prevent developing diabetes. My blood sugar was on the high side the last time it was checked, and that's something I do NOT want.
  • midnightsky1
    midnightsky1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Confidence being single the thought of someone seeing my body scares me a bit :/ now i know that may seem silly as love comes in all shapes and sizes.

health benefits

staying focused on something positive.

i enjoy hitting targets so lifting heavier or lasting a little longer on the treadmill feels like an achievment

• cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I just want to see if I can give myself the body I wish I had. And, why not.
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to say "YES" when my nieces and nephews ask me to jump on the trampoline with them. They are growing up so fast and I've missed too much being overweight over the last 3 years.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I like being strong.
    I like the way I feel when I am fit.

I want to set a great example for my daughters.
    I want to be healthy
    I want to continue to drive my guy wild

I want to run... and slay... a tough mudder.
    I love feeling badass.

I LIKE MUSCLES
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For me it's several reasons. I have a 4 month old and that little boy is my whole world. I don't want to be one of those moms who sits there warming the bench while he is playing at the park. I don't want to have to tell him "I can't" when he asks me to play with him. I want to roll down hills with him and climb trees with him and get into lots of trouble. I want to be around as long as possible and be as active as possible in his life. I can't do that if I can't even make it up a flight of stairs without losing my breath.

Reason number two is my husband. He has adored me from the beginning no matter what size I am. He has made me feel beautiful and wanted and sexy even when I hate the way I look myself. He supports me and loves me no matter how fat I get or how fit. I want to be able to make him proud to have me on his arm when we go out. He deserves a hot wife. I want to make that happen for him.

Reason number 3. I'm a badass. I want the outside to match the inside. I am awesome and I deserve this for ME. I want to look as amazing as I feel. Its gonna take some work, but It will feel SO GOOD when I reach my goals.
  • morningdew88
    Options
    1) I want to start a family
    2) I want to look/be healthy
    3) I want to set a good example for my patients ( I'm a RN)
    4) I want to do what I love... swimming, hiking, and being outdoors.
    5) I want people to take me seriously ( that might have to to do with my confidence which stems from my weight)

I just don't want my weight to hold me back anymore.
  • reducingrenee622
    reducingrenee622 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh I have so many reasons.
    1) I'm tired of being the "fat" girl everywhere I go.
    2) I've gained a lot of weight since my wedding- not saying my weight then is my goal now.
    3) To be healthy for myself
    4) I want to go to the cabin this summer and actually want to be in photos, not look at them later and want to cry.
    5) I'm tired of going to the doctor and having them print a sheet out to show me BMI charts where someone my height weight should be, and where I am.

I am just ready for some change......
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Diabetes runs in my family, and I don't want it. And not vanity so much as I just want to feel "normal", as opposed to feeling like the fattest chick in the room at most times.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    Options
    its something to do
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was really fit in my 20's and mid 30's. Like, climb mountains and do 100 mile bicycle rides on a whim fit. I miss that.

Also, my health. My dad has had an aortic aneurysm, a heart attack and a stroke (and somehow, it hasn't affected him that much). That is one possible future for me, but not the one I want.

And I want to look good wearing my kilts.
  • dontapologizeadmire
    Options
    I want to see my girls get married and I want too not only be able to meet my grandchildren but also meet my great grandchildren by the way my kids are still in grade school.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be heather for the new chapter in my life. I am going to be a grandma at the end of August. I also want to be more active with my two younger children that are still at home. I would love if my husband would embrace this new healthier lifestyle, I find we are spending less time together because he's not interested in being active. Hopefully he will get on board eventually.