Making calories.

Options
I am an active male, go to the gym 3 days a week and lift heavy. I want to lose as little muscle as possible with losing about 18 pounds. I count calories, use a scale etc... My problem is eating 2,000 calories of healthy food such as brown rice, tuna, chicken breast, and eggs is extremely hard. I stay full from the amount of protein I take in daily and am struggling to eat the calories and I probably need to up them a few hundred daily. Any tips? Does anyone actually eat healthy 90% of the day and then eat whatever to get the calories? I take in galore protein so I can keep my muscle and slow muscle catabolism but I stay full. Help.

Replies

• mealreadynow
    Options
    Good oils, avocado, nuts and seeds....
  • yamrider238
    Options
    I eat almonds and most of my tuna I eat with olive oil. I read a lot of stuff about weigh your foods because you are probably over eating... But most of the stuff I have weighed I am feeling like is a much larger portion than I anticipated.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ive got exactly the same issue. I was cutting my body fat so was reguarly eating c.1500 a day. now im at the weight and weight training and exercising most days, I need to eat between 2500 and 3000 a day.. its really difficult, without just chucking empty calories down my neck at the end of the day. Ive been advised to cut out all diet/low cal products, and as some posters have as mealreadynow suggest, avocados and nuts can boost the calorie intake considerably whilst also providing 'good fats', as well as drinking fruit juices to get 1 of your 5 a day plus calories. interested in seeing other peoples advice here.