Hi... Let's Get it Started!

Options
Hey y'all! It's time to get started!
If only doing that was as easy as typing it!

I'm just going to be real. I am FAT. I have been all of my life, or at least I thought I was! When I look back now, I realize that I was not nearly as big as I thought. Maybe that is because I was bigger than most girls my age, so that automatically made me fat.

Here I am at 52 years old. I've lost hundreds of pains and gained it back. I live in the heart of Cajun Country, Louisiana. Let me tell y'all something, our food can be described as nothing but c'est si bon! So, help me Lord!

I've set my initial goal for sixty pounds. However, I do have a lot more than that I hope to lose.

My journey has begun. My "aid" is coconut oil. Right now, it appears to be working. My appetite is almost nil. I have to make myself eat. I assure you that is unusual. Now skeptics may say, that coconut oil thing does not work. You know it may not! However, a lot of our success comes from our minds. If I've convinced myself this stuff works and my appetite is decreased, then as far as I'm concerned, it's doing it's job!

On that note, I hope to hear from more of you as we fight this battle together. One team, one dream they say! Let's do this!

Laissez les bon temp rouler....

Replies

• debraainsworth
    debraainsworth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say add me and we will do this together!
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi there and good luck with your journey, I'm interested in the coconut oil thing, wot do u do with it? I'm from the UK btw and have just restarted!
  • debraainsworth
    debraainsworth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, the coconut oil is totally new to me. A friend has been using it for a few months and has lost 38 pounds. So, I decided, well what is it going to hurt to try. I googled coconut oil and weight loss and read up as much as I could on it. That would be a good start for you.

I purchased a jar of the organic virgin coconut oil. It is a solid, honestly it reminds me of a candle in a jar! Ideally, one should consume a tablespoon of the solid straight from the jar in the solid state or put it in something hot like coffee or tea 20 minutes before a meal

Well, I tried the solid stuff twice! I could not stand it. I'm very weird about textures, so I had to find another way. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker so that let that out. I decided to try mixing it with grits. I'm not sure if you know what that is, but it is a southern thing here in the US. It worked great. The coconut oil really has no taste. You can use it in the place of butter. I never even knew it was there. For each meal, I try to figure out what I can put it in. Today, I put it in my tomato basil soup. Worked wonderfully.

The first day was not bad, didn't really expect a whole lot. The second day, my appetite just was almost nil. I had to make myself eat something. When I do eat, it doesn't take very much to be full. In fact, my food diary has been telling me that I am not eating enough. I guess we shall see.

Can I be sure that it's the coconut oil suppressing my appetite? No, I can't. However, it is the one change that I have made. Whether it is just mental or the coconut oil doing what it claims to do, I do not know. I just know for now it's working for me.

Best of luck to you!