My sex game is weak these days because I lost all muscle and stamina when I was pregnant

Options
mis_linzi
mis_linzi Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
I just had baby and I gained alot of weight and lost alot of muscle.The weight has started coming off but Basically sex with my hubby is like running a marathon and i cant do it for very long as I get way to exhausted.What are some basic exercises that might help. Has this ever happened to you?? I just want to get wild but i can't and it makes me sad.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So you just had a baby and you're not feeling particularly sexy

How old is your baby?

Give it time for your body to recover; get your ability to sleep uninterrupted back; start moving more and adding weight resistance to your exercises; do your kegels; get some me-time; get some girls nights and days out with him watching baby; spend some pampering time on yourself

And give yourself a break
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Whoops forgot ...new lingerie
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sex got better once my abs got stronger!! It tightens the whole area if you get what I mean...
    I'm guessing your baby is less than 3 months old. I would recommend doing pilates and yoga to help with your core.
    If you're breastfeeding, losing weight fast is not a good idea. You'll have to be patient! I lost 5 lbs in 3 months while breastfeeding by just taking a 30 min walk everyday with the stroller. Slow progress is still progress!
  • mis_linzi
    Options
    Im not breast feeding. I wasnt able to because I have had 2 breast reductions and it just wasnt working. Thanks for the advice ladies.. Today I'm going to start the 30 day squat challenge and then maybe throw in some ab workout as well!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ummm how to get your sexy back? Is there a particular time of day when you feel sexier or atleast have that urge or have more energy?

I am a morning (if you know what I mean...) Also there are just times of the month that a particularly a must... use those times (if you get them as motivators as well)

I just gave away TMI but maybe switching things up when you are not exhausted from the day, etc...

Give your self some time to get your strength back and yes, do the exercises recommended and keep it up... it'll come (no pun intended)...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Seriously, who would flag this....sigh....Welcome to MFP!
    OP, you JUST HAD A BABY! patience.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Seriously, who would flag this....sigh....Welcome to MFP!
    OP, you JUST HAD A BABY! patience.

Ikr
  • mis_linzi
    Options
    Who knows... were all adults here right?? Thankyou for all your input and support. Im going to make one of my motivators buying lingerie!! Once I get down 10 more lbs Ill buy my self a really nice piece!! lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    If you JUST had a baby, why are you having sex to begin with? Typically a woman has to wait a few weeks until lochia stops. If you haven't stopped bleeding, I would advise you stop having sex and be patient.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When did you have the baby?
  • mis_linzi
    Options
    it was in January... Ahhh sorry should have said that...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mis_linzi wrote: »
    it was in January... Ahhh sorry should have said that...

I'm assuming you've stopped bleeding by now then.

If you want to rebuild strength, I would suggest looking into a lifting program like New Rules of Lifting for Women or Strong Lifts.

I am sure you are sleep-deprived from having an infant. You are going to be exhausted. My point is… Don't expect so much so soon.

You could also try a multivitamin or a super B complex vitamin, if you don't take it already.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Pushups are key to enhanced sexytiems. Seriously, for both sexes.

Also, if you are breastfeeding, a good lube with change your life. Seriously. You will be a veritable Sahara without help while lactating, no matter how good your partner's game. A little help goes a long way.
  • mis_linzi
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I find that the exercise I'm doing poorly at is the one I just need to do more of until I ace it. ;)
  • mis_linzi
    Options
    For what it's worth, I find that the exercise I'm doing poorly at is the one I just need to do more of until I ace it. ;)

Awesome. :blush: