Insanity tips?

Options
I am going to starting the insanity workout, not in the best shape but hoping to get better! Any tips or suggestions?

Replies

• Logluc
    Logluc Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am currently on my second round of Insanity. I'm gearing up for The Asylum next. Best pieces of advice.....watch your diet. Insanity is fantastic, but if you eat to much, you will not see results. I get really hungry when I'm doing it so I have to be really careful. This round, I'm much more mindful of what im eating. I hope that translates into me being able to drop the last 10. Stretch really well after your warm up and the end of the workout. You will really need that if you want to prevent injury. Do the workout at your own pace. Just because they are going faster doesn't mean you get to stop or slack off. Just go YOUR hardest and don't quit. Before you know it, you will be going faster and taking less breaks. Just do as much as you can for as long as you can and you will improve. It's a hard workout but the feeling of finishing the 63 days like the program is intended is so worth the effort. Good luck!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Insanity is ROUGH and I did it when I felt like I was in pretty good shape. Do the fit test first. Really give it your best shot and write down your results for each exercise on the poster they provide. When you start doing the program, you will not be able to do everything. Do what you can, take a 5-10 second break, and jump back in. Keep the videos on the whole time even if you're in a sweaty, crying heap on the floor during the last 10 minutes (not that this happened to me or anything...........)

If you stick with it, your Fit Test (every 2 weeks) will get better and better and it's REALLY motivating. Eat well and you should see some results too.

Oh and the "warm up" is like 11 minutes of pure torture. Just ignore the fact that they call it a "warm up"!

You can do it! Have fun!
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great advice here. Take your time, wear good shoes and listen to your body. Its ok to stop and catch your breath during the workout. I also found that glucosomine really helped with my joint pain.

Like alpine, I was in pretty good shape when I started and it was tough. Even Shaun T injured himself when he did a full round of it a couple years ago.

Best of luck to you!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Remember that rest is just as important as the workout itself. Make sure you are getting enough sleep and that you do actually rest on the one day off from doing Insanity. I've done Insanity twice already and am curently doing it for the third time. Just finished up week one.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    alpine1994 wrote: »
    Insanity is ROUGH and I did it when I felt like I was in pretty good shape. Do the fit test first. Really give it your best shot and write down your results for each exercise on the poster they provide. When you start doing the program, you will not be able to do everything. Do what you can, take a 5-10 second break, and jump back in. Keep the videos on the whole time even if you're in a sweaty, crying heap on the floor during the last 10 minutes (not that this happened to me or anything...........)

You can do it! Have fun!

Exactly. Don't quit. Take as long, or as many breaks as you need, but complete the workout!

Also, it is okay to swear at your TV, or give it the middle finger if you are unable to speak :) (but just don't quit)
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I really feel not so intimidated now! I mean people lived to tell about it! I will keep all of your advise in mind and I will be sure to stretch my middle finger out before the work out so I don't injure it during lol
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    There's some great advice here.

Just do what you can do, drink lots of water, rest when you need to, and focus on your form. I got sloppy with mine, hurt my back, and had to take an exercise break for about 5 weeks.

Good luck and don't give up!