Moving on up......from the FitBit Zip

Options
I use to LOVEEEE my zip, but now it is getting on my LAST nerve. To see that I have walked 6,000+ steps and it just decides to start over is so frustrating!!! I tap it and nothing happens even though the battery is FULL, this is when I realized it was time to try the Fitbit One. I'm hoping it is more reliable!!

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    That must be really annoying. I've had my Zip since July and so far it works ok. Have you got the clock set correctly? It resets the days steps at midnight I think. If that's ok then take it back to the shop if it's still under warranty.
  • KaidensMom13
    KaidensMom13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, the clock won't set even when I reset it, and the battery shows full, then dies within an hour!!! I like that the Fitbit One has a rechargeable battery! I will keep the zip, as a backup in the event it decides to work again, but I am frustrated with it!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I think fitbit (in general) has a lot of mfg and/or design flaws that have not been fully tested in a longer duration of use.

I have the fitbit charge and 1) the bands break after a while and 2) the actual display button falls off after having it just a week or a month...

I am moving on from Fitbit after my button falls off again (the replacement I got)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Bummer I accidentally put my Fitbit One in the washer/dryer and it won't hold the battery charge now. Wanted the FB Surge but seems to pricey. I might go for the FB Charge HR.
    I would try to reset the Zip that might help.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Fitbit support is incredible. I'm sure if you tell them your Zip is broken, they'd provide a new one. They may even offer a credit against purchase of a Fitbit One or other product.

I've lost my One twice now, and they've replaced it free of charge both times.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is NOT worth the money you put in to have these trackers. I had a fitbug (only 50 bucks) that gave me no trouble I just did not like the app very well.

If you do not get your 100.00 plus dollars out of what you paid for and have to keep replacing it, what's the use...???
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    they don't give you credit towards a different model (friend of mine asked in the uk) but they will give you a new one @BrawlerBella even if you wash it! Tell customer support and you get a new one for free!! I lost mine at an airport, no probs
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've had no issues with my Fitbit before this being my fault. Thank you @89nunu for being sweet and sharing the customer service tip.
  • KaidensMom13
    KaidensMom13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments!!! I will be calling them!
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with my Fitbit Flex not holding a charge for more than 1 hour before it died. I contacted support and they had me try a couple of things (resetting, using a different charger, etc.) but nothing worked. They sent me a brand new flex and charger and I couldn't be happier. Their support is outstanding and overall I really like the motivation I get from my flex to get up and move more.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here about FitBit's customer support. Give them a call and I am sure they can help you out!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I just bought the FitBit Charge HR earlier this week. Holy cow, was it hard to find! I really wanted one in plum, but those are all but impossible to find. I managed to find a black one in the small size, and when I tried it on, it barely fit even though my wrist measurement put me right smack in the middle of the small size range. I returned it and could not find a large to save my life without overpaying by at least $50. I randomly went on Amazon the next day and found one for $150 (the MSRP), ordered it immediately, and then hours later when I looked back, they were out of stock. Prior to that I had gone to the Best Buy site, which had them in stock, and in the maybe eight seconds between my finding it on their site and trying to put it in my shopping cart, it went out of stock. Insane!

Anyway, I like it so far. My husband has one, too, and likes his. (Actually, he bought one, and I thought it was so cool that I decided to buy mine.) I've never had a FitBit before, but I trusted the fact that a bunch of people on MFP and in my friends list have various FitBits and say that their customer service is outstanding.