Need to lose 45- 50% of my body weight

Options
I'm 29 and ballooned from 10.5st to 22st whilst pregnant with my son. He is now 7 and I have fluctuated between 17.5 and 18.5 for the past few years I have now decided enough is enough. I need to be healthy again and at 5'10" I need to be about 9.5 to 10 St as I know myself I still wasn't happy at 10.5st. I'm just at my wits end with it all now. Any advice or is anyone in the same boat? Has anyone even managed this?

Replies

• Misterfish96
    Misterfish96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Focus on smaller goals. Two or three pounds at a time. I've lost 26% of my body weight over 16 months this way.
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am very similar to you. (I used google to calculate) but I started at 19.5st and currently at 16st. Take it one day at a time. Make sure you are eating foods that will keep you full but also healthy. I have been meal prepping. Where I will make all my meals for the week on Sunday. That way, all my family and I have to do for each meal is warm it up. It makes it easier to stay on track no matter what curve ball life throws at me. And don't forget.. we are doing this together!! I believe in you!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,267 Member
    Options
    The other day I completed a thousand pushups. Sounds like a TON, but I never did more than 25 at a time. By keeping the sets small, they seemed easily accomplished, but over the course of 10 hours those small sets added up to a huge number.

Same thing with weight loss. Don't look at the overall number still to go: look at the accomplishment THIS WEEK, a pound or two at a time. Then after a while look back at how far you've come. Small bits add up over time to huge accomplishments.

You go, girl!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can get plenty of advice here and look at the success section to see how many people like you lose weight.

Start by reading and taking time to understand how weight loss works and then get the basics right so you cna avoid the mistakes that new dieters make. Buy some kitchen scales and learn to log your food. Understand that if you apply yourself and can post consistent calorifi deficits every day or over a period then you will lose weight. This is something you cna do and get to your target weight but take it steadily and learn to commit to making it happen. Good luck.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1