Cauliflower Tots: Better than expected!

Options

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Why?!??!?!?! :s

Instead of thinking of them as a replacement for Tater Tots, think of them as a clever way of getting in a vegetable for someone who struggles with doing that.

But...potatoes are vegetables...

Yes potatoes are veggies, cauliflower is lower in calories though. And really its not just a substitute for everyones beloved tater tots, its just a way to eat cauliflower that was actually pretty good.
    Haha,I know. I was just trolling a bit. I would actually at least try them!

Lol stay open minded! According to pinterest you can make literally anything out of cauliflower.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Instead of thinking of them as a replacement for Tater Tots, think of them as a clever way of getting in a vegetable for someone who struggles with doing that.

Yes potatoes are veggies, cauliflower is lower in calories though. And really its not just a substitute for everyones beloved tater tots, its just a way to eat cauliflower that was actually pretty good.

Lol stay open minded! According to pinterest you can make literally anything out of cauliflower.

can I build my next house out of cauliflower?
  • guinevere96
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [/quote]can I build my next house out of cauliflower?[/quote]

As long as you pin it on pinterest
  • guinevere96
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

can I build my next house out of cauliflower?

As long as you pin it on pinterest
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I legitimately love cauliflower so I want to try these, thanks. I can't wrap my head around the cauliflower pizza as a pizza substitute, but the flat bread with onions and mushrooms sounds amazing (recipe please @TheRoadDog)!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options

This is so true. Please stalk all the cauliflower threads and add this comment.
  • w006cmd
    w006cmd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »

Every time I see some type of food being replaced by cauliflower, makes me wanna cry. :'(

I started making a version of a cauliflower flat bread and covering it with carmelized onions and sauteed mushrooms several months ago. My wife and one of her friends ask me to make it for them about once a week. It's deliecious.

There's nothing wrong with experimenting. Especially if it's healthier.

• w006cmd
    w006cmd Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, just started and trying to figure out how to use this. However, I saw the receipe for cauliflower flat bread.....how can I get that receipe? Something I want to try
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd like to glom onto the cauliflower flat bread recipe, too.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    In for cauliflower flat bread... I love cauliflower, plus I need creative ways to lower my SO's carb consumption without depriving him of yummy stuff.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am SO making these this weekend.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I've made the hand rolled ones, and a recipe which called for using a cooking pan and freezing them for about an hour then cutting them into squares. The latter is easier to work with. They 'set up' and make coating them and clean up a little better. Just MHO; and yes, they 'hide' vegetables from the unsuspecting. . .muah ha ha ha . . .but since I'm eating them I could care less about the stealth. Enjoy!
  • BlueSkySol
    BlueSkySol Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Awesome! I just made roasted cauliflower using the following recipe with a few changes below (in case you want another cauliflower idea):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/oven-roasted-cauliflower-with-garlic-olive-oil-and-lemon-juice-recipe.html

I was cooking something else at 450 so just put in together. I did roast a bit longer...like 20-25 min. I forgot to put on the parmasean and didn't have chives. All said, they came out great and my partner (who is not a willing veggie eater) loved them and had a second helping!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    and yes, they 'hide' vegetables from the unsuspecting. . .muah ha ha ha

Lol I totally snuck a few on my dads dinner plate last night, he didn't know the difference. I gotta try something, that man lives on reeses and mountain dew I swear.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have you made cauliflower flat bread? Some recipes call for cooked cauliflower,others use it raw. Does anyone have a tried & true recipe to share? Pat
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I love both of these skinnytaste recipes (Zucchini tots and Cauliflower tots) for this reason. They are NOT a substitute for tater tots - not even close - but they are a great, creative, tasty way to get my picky son to eat, and enjoy, vegetables.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    royaldrea wrote: »
    I legitimately love cauliflower so I want to try these, thanks. I can't wrap my head around the cauliflower pizza as a pizza substitute, but the flat bread with onions and mushrooms sounds amazing (recipe please @TheRoadDog)!

I love cauliflower. We really enjoy the pizza. And the flatbread sounds delish!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Following
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I need to make them. I love cauliflower... love mashed cauliflower, cauliflower fried 'rice', roasted cauliflower...