Lunch time work out ideas.

Options
Looking to get back in the gym or walking/jogging. My only free time is my lunch which is an hour, plus a few if I need it.
Gym there and back and dressed and freshened up about 15 minutes..

So with time to work out and include stretches (which I can do at my desk before I leave/when I get back) what is the most efficient plan.

50lbs to loose and down 6 since last week. I used to work out a lot! But it's been AWILE! So consider a beginner. I usually push myself too hard when I do work out and feel to much pain to continue the next day. Then all is lost with motivation.

I could probably do 3 to 4 lunch times a week. And then stuff at home on the weekends.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have spinning classes at lunch? If they've got a 30 min spinning class, once a week, you might sign up for that.

Otherwise, start with brisk walking. Start with flat ground, and try to keep up a reasonable pace. Then maybe next week or the week after include a hill or stairs in the middle of the walk. Add more hills or stairs when you start to feel more comfortable on them. You might also consider carrying light weights as you walk, and doing some bicep curls etc.

If all that starts to feel pretty good, try including some heavier weights workouts at the gym.

Ease into it, but don't let it get too easy.
  • Jessikin13
    Jessikin13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been working out during my lunch break as well. I usually mix it up and do either 30minutes on the bike doing intervals, walking on an incline (usually 4-5% at 4mph) or running for a few miles.
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually do all elliptical.. It gets boring and I am sure my body just gets used to it. But its not as painful on my back.

At this point anything will help. I used to run, I would love to get back there one day. I am doing physical therapy 2x a week. So gym will probably be only 2 lunch times a week.

Im not usually a class person but probably just try it again. I would love to try spinning.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I can do strongcurves in my lunch but stretching and warm up is minimal