Low calorie breakfast options?

Options

Replies

• shelley1029
    shelley1029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    id like to stay under 300 calories if possible. Open to anything quick and easy to make!
    I don't have alot of time in the morning so I have a bowl of boiled eggs in the fridge. One egg (with siracha), one piece of turkey bacon and a slice of ezkiel bread (toast has one pump of olive oil spray) plus coffee with skim = 214 calories
  • PaperSt
    PaperSt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Single serving, Cream of Wheat. Maple Brown Sugar flavored, 1 envelope = 180 calories.
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Found this on reddit - bit of work prepping your breakfasts one day; but will last you over a month if you follow the recipe (picture link at the end):

Breakfast Burritos - 350cal per fajita, makes 40

Ingredients:
    36 eggs
    2 pounds sausage (in the fat tubes).
    4 cups (2 packages) shredded cheddar.
    1 jar (2 cups) medium salsa.
    1 large white onion.
    2 green bell peppers.
    2 tomatoes.
    2 cans (4 oz each) diced green chiles.
    40 ten-inch tortillas.
    1 package of 20 frozen hashbrowns

How to make: Chop all veggies, mix in a bowl with the salsa and chiles. Set aside. Separately cook the following: Whip eggs with a dash of milk. Scramble them, adding all the cheese towards the end. Cook the sausage until brown. Cook the hashbrowns to desired doneness on each side (easier if you have a skillet).

Now, combine everything (veggie mixture, eggs, sausage) except the hashbrowns. I had to split into two bowls to do this cause it was so much food.

Cut a hashbrown in half and place it in the center of a tortilla. Use a half-cup measure to scoop the mixture on top of the hashbrown. Roll the burrito Freeze in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet, then wrap the frozen burritos in seran wrap. I further put the seran-wrapped burritos in freezer bags to protect flavor.

To heat them up, I wrap 2 burritos in paper towels and microwave for 4 minutes.

http://imgur.com/a/7naUG
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    my breakfast this morning was 2 pieces of toasted cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread (I don't go through a loaf of raisin bread fast enough so I freeze it, and I think the ezekiel bread freezes better...tastes the same when toasted) and a mini brie bite from trader joes. 230 calories of total YUM. Plus doesn't get faster or easier than toasting bread and slathering cheese in between the slices.
  • mdeleeann
    mdeleeann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the last few days for breakfast, 1 orange, a cup of coffee and cream, and a Smart Ones Smoothie. The total breakfast is 230 calories.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Lately I've become fond of scrambling two eggs in just a little bit of butter and putting them in a tortilla. I like to add tapatio. It's very quick and easy, and also easy to eat because it's like a little breakfast burrito. You don't even have to sit down. And it's about 295 calories, just under 300. You could modify this with one egg and one egg white, or a low carb tortilla, or adding cheese if you're not afraid of more calories, etc.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Sandwich thin with 2 piece of turkey bacon, 1 egg or egg beaters and 1/2 a wedge of light laughing cow cheese - about 230 calories with a regular egg
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i love a 2 egg omelette, normally with mushroom & tomato in, delicious
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    2 eggs
    sliced mushroom
    sliced tomato

sauté the mushroom in the olive oil, add the whisked eggs when done, rotate the pan (on high heat) scraping the egg to the middle & letting runny egg fill the gap,
    leave cooking 30 seconds, add the tomato, fold the omelette in half, season to taste & serve

if feeling extravagant put 5ml ketchup on the side, still low calories :)
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sandwich thin with 2 piece of turkey bacon, 1 egg or egg beaters and 1/2 a wedge of light laughing cow cheese - about 230 calories with a regular egg

^^^ This. I use a bagel thin, sometimes laughing cow or sometimes FF Cheddar cheese. I bake an entire carton of egg beaters for 15 min @ 425, then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake another 9-10min. Pull out and cut into 8 sections- plop it on a bagel thin add some cooked bacon. Wrap individually in saran wrap, place in a ziploc bag. I freeze half of the sandwiches and put the other half in the refrigerator and I pull one out every morning, wrap in a paper towel and nuke for 60 seconds. Completely kills the urge to run to McD's for a breakfast sandwich and soooo many less calories, and I can eat it on the drive to work.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty simple when it comes to breakfast. I really like egg white sandwiches on Arnold's Sandwich Thins (if I want to splurge, I'll make them on Ezekiel bread). Add a little hot sauce, slice of tomato, glass of unsweetened almond milk or Trop50 and it's a filling meal.
  • melissaTwinmom
    melissaTwinmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One packet Low sugar oatmeal, 35 cal toast , 1 tablespoon peanutbutter!
  • melissaTwinmom
    melissaTwinmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also one serving egg whites on toast instead of peanut butter...
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a toasted whole grain English muffin with a poached egg on it. Comes in at 150 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs and a slice of toast.
  • amberandroid1
    amberandroid1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use protein, peanut butter, banana, and egg whites to make a protein pancake. With a few strawberries with it, it's super good and only about 120 calories total.
  • GinEcho
    GinEcho Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have two: 6 oz. lowfat cottage cheese + 10 seedless green grapes + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, all mixed up together, about 177 calories and keeps me full til lunch. The other one is 6 oz. fat-free plain greek yogurt + 1/2 cup blueberries + 1/2 cup sliced strawberries + 1 packet of Truvia, about 150 calories. Sometimes I just use a Chobani 100 calorie yogurt with fruit, add my own fruit and skip the Truvia.
  • lisapoletti
    lisapoletti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A favorite for me is 1/2 cup icelandic skyyr yogurt, 1/4 granola, mixed fresh berries. It's usually around 200-230 calores, is filling and delicious!
  • seneth
    seneth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Omlette: 3Egg whites 1 cup of spinach 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers, switch it up with squash, mushroom, tomatoe. With a side of 0% greek yogurt and 1/2 of strawberries
  • rymea
    rymea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Here is my rotation:
    3/4 cup plain 0% greek yogurt, sweetened with Splenda if you like, then mixed with blackberries or any fruit and sprinkled with granola. I like the one with raisins, dates and pecans. 200 cal.
    Peanut butter and bacon sandwich: 1 Tbs peanut butter, two slices microwaved bacon, one slice toasted whole grain multigrain bread. About 285 cal. Something about peanut butter, I think it makes me feel full longer.
    Coffee and a banana. 120 cal
    I love cappuccino flavor Slimfast. Sometimes I just grab one of those when in a hurry. 190 cal.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For a vegan option, have one slice of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, a sliced banana and cinnamon on top. :)